DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I've got a good idea... Put posts of the sort they are deleting in every thread. Then they will either have a near impossible time of cleaning the threads, or they will end up deleting every thread from their forum.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Wow I see that the "hot rod" is having just as many problems as all the other half baked crap they "designed".

:mad:

Makes ME feel like a conman selling that crap to somebody.
Well, it has a power cord and it's from AV123, so it kinda comes with the territory. ;)

You could point your buyer to the Mark Seaton designed Motor City Custom Audio BBK instead. :p

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Wow I see that the "hot rod" is having just as many problems as all the other half baked crap they "designed".

:mad:

Makes ME feel like a conman selling that crap to somebody.
I waited over 3 years for that HR upgrade but when it came time I refused it even though it was prepaid for. I knew what he had done. I had no facts at all, but I just knew it based on where he was heading financially. This thing was thrown together like the new UFW-10 amp. Disgraceful last ditch effort to rip us off. I saw a graph over there and who knows if the guy doesn't know how to measure but it dropped off sharply at 30. I am so glad I figured it out in time not to get taken by the humbly flim-flam man one last time.

M

myaudiocd

Enthusiast
I waited over 3 years for that HR upgrade but when it came time I refused it even though it was prepaid for. I knew what he had done. I had no facts at all, but I just knew it based on where he was heading financially. This thing was thrown together like the new UFW-10 amp. Disgraceful last ditch effort to rip us off. I saw a graph over there and who knows if the guy doesn't know how to measure but it dropped off sharply at 30. I am so glad I figured it out in time not to get taken by the humbly flim-flam man one last time.
Same here, but I didn't pre-pay this time....whew.
I enlisted for the upgrade Seth mentioned, and offered by Kevin and Mark though. Gonna take apart my sub over the next couple of days and get 'er done. Kind of apprehensive about handling and cutting the PB finish but I'll figure it out.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
It was built about as well as the MFW amp. 1 more FET somehow jumps power from the impossible 350 (using spec sheets should be about 240w) to the astronomically impossible 1k...though I do not know what make or model they are...maybe they are good for 250w a piece. :rolleyes:

The driver was a beast, as was the old one.

Its biggest shortcoming was being a sealed sub that is not in someones car getting a free 15-20dB of cabin gain and probably a wholly inappropriate box size.

It actually did sound pretty decent but you could tell it was going to be finicky about setup and position or you were going to make it fart again.

Next time I get the inkling to buy somebodys shiny fancy but cheap audio gear I am just going to get 5 or 6 hookers and spend the night doing blow off of them.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Same here, but I didn't pre-pay this time....whew.
I enlisted for the upgrade Seth mentioned, and offered by Kevin and Mark though. Gonna take apart my sub over the next couple of days and get 'er done. Kind of apprehensive about handling and cutting the PB finish but I'll figure it out.
I am leaning towards trying that too, but as Kevin knows, I am also apprehensive about cutting the PB. I have seen the instructions, but I would love to hear how it goes for you. I am average with tools so that is another reason I am hesitant.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Its biggest shortcoming was being a sealed sub that is not in someones car getting a free 15-20dB of cabin gain and probably a wholly inappropriate box size.
FWIW, the box was too big and the amp's EQ, limiter, etc were set up all wrong for the driver.

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
To my somewhat trained eye, the FR of the HR didn't look any better than the original. Did you guys see it that way, too, or was it just me?

Matt34

Matt34

You know, this entire thing has left a horrible taste in my mouth about the home audio community as a whole. It's not just what MLS has done but also the actions (or in some cases non-action) of a few forums, publications and prominent names within the industry that have or has helped this problem fester for as long as it did.

Only now after he was hauled away to jail have some come forward and spoke up against it, yet others continue to remain quiet and of course there are some that have answered the call to defend the man once again. I never would have thought when I first got into this hobby that I would see what I've seen in the past few months.

“The thief is sorry he is to be hanged, not that he is a thief”

I can't wait for the turd storm that awaits us when he makes his first public communication on the ordeal and people swallow it hook, line and sinker once again, oh sure they will ask some "hard questions" at first but MLS will bat his eyes, throw out some humbly bumblys and all will be right in their world. :rolleyes:

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I'm all in. How do I send you my pre-pay?
Actually, all you have to do is win this raffle!!

With your ticket purchases I am going to procure 6 mail order brides and the aforementioned blow and the raffle winner will be able to come over to my pad and spend an evening with them while they hot rod my subwoofers wearing Princess Lea slave girl costumes.

It is just $50 a ticket and we will only sell 40,000 tickets.

Buy 5 or more and win and you can have a ride in my new Porsche too.

:eek:

In my defense I had no idea this crap was going on or I would've been around talking smack a long time ago. :p

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
You know, this entire thing has left a horrible taste in my mouth about the home audio community as a whole. It's not just what MLS has done but also the actions (or in some cases non-action) of a few forums, publications and prominent names within the industry that have or has helped this problem fester for as long as it did.

Only now after he was hauled away to jail have some come forward and spoke up against it, yet others continue to remain quiet and of course there are some that have answered the call to defend the man once again. I never would have thought when I first got into this hobby that I would see what I've seen in the past few months.

I can't wait for the turd storm that awaits us when he makes his first public communication on the ordeal and people swallow it hook, line and sinker once again, oh sure they will ask some "hard questions" at first but MLS will bat his eyes, throw out some humbly bumblys and all will be right in their world. :rolleyes:
I agree completely. I have an X-Sub (that's coincidentally on it's third amp) that I haven't used in a year partially because I feel embarrassed that I helped feed the beast when I look at it. I won't sell it because I don't want this amp to go out on someone who probably won't be able to fix it. I hope MLS gets his just deserts for both the raffles and pre-orders.

As a side note, would deleting forum posts be similar legally to shredding documents? They aren't official documents, ledgers, etc but the intent seems to be the same in both cases.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Humbly Bumbly once sat quite tall
Humbly Bumbly came close to fooling us all
But no matter how much money to him ever was lent
Once they found out about the raffles, it was to prison he went

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
I've got a good idea... Put posts of the sort they are deleting in every thread. Then they will either have a near impossible time of cleaning the threads, or they will end up deleting every thread from their forum.
In your profile you can change your location and title to reflect your feelings and it will be attached to every post you've ever made. Of course a quick permanent ban will likely be issued when noticed.

A

andy_c

Audioholic
I keep waiting for Stereophile to post an article about this on their web site, but there's nothing - and I doubt there ever will be anything. You will find some great pablum about Stephen Mejias' new Zerostat pistol there though :rolleyes:.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
In your profile you can change your location and title to reflect your feelings and it will be attached to every post you've ever made. Of course a quick permanent ban will likely be issued when noticed.
Even better would be to go back and edit old posts buried in old threads with new information. :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Wow! What a terrific post! Its also intersting the censorship that is occuring in in the audio community on this topic. To the informed audio/video enthusiants it just makes it more clear who NOT to business with. DON'T **** WITH THE CONSUMERS!

N

Nathan_R

Audiophyte
Next time I get the inkling to buy somebodys shiny fancy but cheap audio gear I am just going to get 5 or 6 hookers and spend the night doing blow off of them.
Haha, I can refill your rum bottle to ease the pain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis