DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for putting it back in the human perspective. With having been shouted down for so long for saying something doesn't smell right, I've lost site of the fact many of his past supporters are/were confidence scheme victims.
I think a LOT of people have lost sight of that.. And are just lashing out because they are either hurt or angry or just feel the need to lash out because they don't know what else to do...

There is lots of mud slinging going on and combine that with people feeling more sensitive and vulnerable you just have a recipe for disaster.. This kind of stuff brews animosity and conflict...

Matt

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Tex, a Message from Craig.....

"point out to Tex Amp that the mods are AH won't allow me to post there, but that he is welcome to come here and ask all the questions he wants in open forum.

I will give him his own thread, and there will be no moderating of the thread."
This is the worst form of censorship, in the form of controlling the flow of information. AV123 does the same thing. I understand that people get banned and such but the idea of banning people, unbanning people, closing threads then opening them back up, then throwing limit on threads is just a form of manipulating people and information. China would be proud.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
This is the worst form of censorship, in the form of controlling the flow of information. I understand that people get banned and such but banning people, unbanning people, closing threads then opening them then throwing limit on threads is just a form of manipulating people and information. China would be proud.
Perhaps we should ask AH mods to allow Craig to post here then?

Matt34

Matt34

I'd rather not have any mention of Craig or his company here. I've gone down that road with him via PM and would rather not deal with it again. This thread isn't about him.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

I think you misunderstood my point. I understand why AH or any other forum would decide to ban someone. Thats not the issue. My point is about the mind **** games like your banned but I will let you post again type stuff. I just find that is very manipulative.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I'd rather not have any mention of Craig or his company here. I've gone down that road with him via PM and would rather not deal with it again. This thread isn't about him.
OK, I delivered the message and will try to avoid the topic now.

A

andy_c

Audioholic
Is anyone else disturbed a bit by the fact that the indictment only covers charity fraud?

On the surface at least, it sure looks like there was a lot more going on than just that. The use of the pre-pays in a Ponzi-like scheme comes to mind. The victims of this scam are out a lot more money per person than the participants in the phony charity raffles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the money owed to these people is far larger than that listed in the charity fraud indictment. Does anybody know if the authorities are pursuing that angle? It does seem much harder to prove, especially if the victims don't come forward.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
Is anyone else disturbed a bit by the fact that the indictment only covers charity fraud?

On the surface at least, it sure looks like there was a lot more going on than just that. The use of the pre-pays in a Ponzi-like scheme comes to mind. The victims of this scam are out a lot more money per person than the participants in the phony charity raffles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the money owed to these people is far larger than that listed in the charity fraud indictment. Does anybody know if the authorities are pursuing that angle? It does seem much harder to prove, especially if the victims don't come forward.
I believe the authorities were contacted about pre-pays back in September. Whether there is any action pending on that I do not know. I am sure there are other issues as well (taxes, business debts etc.)

Matt34

Matt34

I've thought about this as well and I really don't know. Your right though, there seems to be a large amount in pre-pays (just in the RSL-II) at what $5k a pop?

A

andy_c

Audioholic
I've thought about this as well and I really don't know. Your right though, there seems to be a large amount in pre-pays (just in the RSL-II) at what $5k a pop?
Yeah. It only takes 40 victims of that to add up to 200k - more than the charity fraud. I was astonished that the total of charity fraud victims was over 700. I figured it might be 50 at most - especially after partly believing the talk of how overblown the raffle situation supposedly was. Guess not!

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
mls in on line over at av123 right now (or someone has logged in for him). Maybe someone who has not been banned wants to PM him or something.

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
mls in on line over at av123 right now (or someone has logged in for him). Maybe someone who has not been banned wants to PM him or something.
holy crap 'he' is!!

The prodigal son returns!

Matt

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
and that's why i'm asking if there's really proof he's behind bars.

unless your country is SO COOL you have internets in jail.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

unless your country SO COOL you have internets in jail.
Someone would have to call the jail but I don't know if they would give out that information.

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern

unless your country is SO COOL you have internets in jail.
Here's the daily roster of people in the Boulder County Jail for 3/1/2010 - of course this just means he was there this morning and could have been released - a check tomorrow would let you know if he's still there.

bouldercounty.org/sheriff/jail/jail_listing/viewfile.asp?fileid=956

(I can't post a link, so you'll have to paste into your browser)

On Page 166.

Jim C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis