DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
With Mark himself admitting to stealing from 2 of the raffles and all the info posted and deleted on the AV123 forum as well as other forums that the employees read, they must have known some of it. I am not sure any of us knew how much money and how many raffles were involved, but we all knew part of the story. I am not sure how someone could delete posts and ban people without first reading the posts and knowing what it was that they were censoring.
Public admissions like that are going to come back to haunt him.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Schifter UPDATE

A call was made to the Boulder County Jail which has said that bail has been set at $500,000. It can be provided by a bail bondsman subject to their individual policy (10% or whatever). Bail has not been met and Schifter remains behind bars as of now.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
A call was made to the Boulder County Jail which has said that bail has been set at $500,000. It can be provided by a bail bondsman subject to their individual policy (10% or whatever). Bail has not been met and Schifter remains behind bars as of now.
With any luck, his cellmate would be a disgruntled MFW-15 owner.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Is he logging into the AV123 forum with his phone?

Last Activity: Today 11:05 AM

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
He won't have a phone in the hooskow. Guessing someone is using his account.

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
He won't have a phone in the hooskow. Guessing someone is using his account.
I haven't noticed him poking around online or at least his user account...

Btw my ban has been lifted.. seems that my never ending ban just expired... weeeeiiiiiiiiiird.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

Matt

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I haven't noticed him poking around online or at least his user account...

Btw my ban has been lifted.. seems that my never ending ban just expired... weeeeiiiiiiiiiird.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

Matt
Id think that the legal issues and advisors would not support quashing of the forum anymore, as it would only serve to hurt his defense... Whatever that maybe. As mentioned the forum and the site will be closed very soon.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Was just pointed to this by a friend...I cannot say I am surprised in the least.

I met Mark in Alabama a few years ago and he just put off a greasy used car salesman vibe.

All in all the events of the past few days just seem....fitting.

Oh yeah to those who were worried about the charities that got screwed, if you read the articles the charities did not even know they were being named so really nothing was lost to them...it was just outright screwing.

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
Id think that the legal issues and advisors would not support quashing of the forum anymore, as it would only serve to hurt his defense... Whatever that maybe. As mentioned the forum and the site will be closed very soon.
Well really all the threads with raffle or indictment or whatever in their title have been removed.....

Matt

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic

Coming up with $50K on the weekend isn't easy to do.

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
Coming up with $50K on the weekend isn't easy to do.
Coming up with 50K on any day is probably tough for MLS right now. If he doesn't have it, who in their right mind would loan it to him?

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Coming up with 50K on any day is probably tough for MLS right now. If he doesn't have it, who in their right mind would loan it to him?
Family? Wife or kids could tap their retirement accts or take out a home equity loan. Have to think the bail is that high due to all his international travel and connections.

Maybe Harmon can opine on that high of a bail?

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
Family? Wife or kids could tap their retirement accts or take out a home equity loan. Have to think the bail is that high due to all his international travel and connections.
Yeah, you're right. There's always someone who believes in you, no matter what. Usually, that's a family member of some kind.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I met Mark in Alabama a few years ago and he just put off a greasy used car salesman vibe.
I got this impression of him over the phone. He was pretty pissed when I bought the sub from Suzanne instead of him, and even more so when Kyle compensated me for my time spent fixing my MFW-15.

G

GOSU1

Enthusiast
Clint, we owe you a debt of gratitude for taking a stand against the shenanigans perpetrated by Mark Schifter. While other audio websites censored, and even banned, discussions about his misconduct, your website kept the heat on him. It would not surprise me if Audioholics served as an important catalyst for the involvement of the authorities. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis