DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
When the forum first reopened after being mothballed for a few months, some poster asked about a raffle for LS4's. I think he realized after this thread that even with a third party monitoring things, it is still illegal for him to conduct any raffles. Shifty is so screwed on so many fronts. BTW, that entire thread is fun reading. Too bad for Shifty that Ruben kicked him to the curb and wised up.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Why would the illegallity of it stop him? It's not like that'd be the first step in the waters of illegal acts. :p

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, but now everybody knows. Thankfully, there are plenty of other illegal, immoral and unethical things available. Why, I've even heard there's a new Shifty video being edited that's based on first hand accounts.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
In the thread, Another Bad Boy Candidate Reports For Duty Shifty talks about his twin 8's that are being developed. He's been pretty short on details but some details can be found here where you'll also find the same picture he used on VA321. So when you read Shifty's words of great performance, realize that at the time of posting, nothing had been built. Or heard. Or measured. Or anything else. And as for his claims that it'll do below 25Hz, well :rolleyes: I guess we'll have to see some measurements and conditions.

FWIW, I have nothing against Pierce Audio. From what I can tell they seem like fairly earnest folks looking to find a way to sell products. I only hope they don't wind up on a t-shirt that says, 'I've been Shiftered'. I extend my best to them and can only trust they excercise due caution to protect their financial interets.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Seems in that same link, the drivers for the subs have been outed as coming from Pierce Audio. Nice job Bose301s. Hopefully, he'll post here too ;)
Wasn't Bose301s more concerned about the welfare of av123 and potential buyers of the upgrade, than Pierce Audio?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Wasn't Bose301s more concerned about the welfare of av123 and potential buyers of the upgrade, than Pierce Audio?
I can't tell based on what was written. He didn't seem especially fond of PA. Maybe you can talk to him in private or maybe ask if he'd come here to comment further. Shifty though wanted this buttoned up pretty quickly and quickly moved into damage control with a couple of emails. If you've taken the time to read through this thread and others at different websites, the welfare of both VA321 and it's past, present, and future buyers have been compromised for years under existing management. To say it's an incompetently run organization would be an act of kindness. Numerous criminal acts have been committed, some of which have been detailed here. One day, judgment will be passed.

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
I am. Trial is set for February 22nd in Fort Collins, CO. Come on by if you want to sit in the p-nut gallery.

back OT, of the many people screwed over ... isn't there ANYONE doing any legal action?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I am. Trial is set for February 22nd in Fort Collins, CO. Come on by if you want to sit in the p-nut gallery.
Very nice. That's the same day as my colonoscopy. It'll be good to know that I'm not the only one taking it up the rear.

Good luck to you, Sean. :)

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Still no resolution on your LS's? Sometimes I still can't believe I've done business with this man.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I wish you the best, Sean. You've been jacked for a long while now - it's past time for them to get you taken care of.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well that's both sad and great news. What a travesty that he never did right by you. So much for a man's word being gold. His is fool's gold. If this gets posted somehow in the local paper, be sure to give a link or a scan. I'll bet if anyone calls that day, they'll tell the person he's offsite at a meeting. Maybe he'll bring his iPhone or whatever he's using so he can update people, just like he did when he went to the ballet that he underfunded to watch his granddaugher dance. Bring all your records and whatever else.

Last edited:
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Good luck Sean...wish I could be in the gallery.

Make sure you have everything documented.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Sean, Is Mark required to show up or can his attorneys just appear with a deposition?

majorloser

majorloser

Sean,

You're the only person I've been waiting to see post something here. I'm glad you finally are getting your day in court. You said you had a bombshell to drop. Let's hope you'll get a chance to spill your guts when everything is done.

Dave

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Sean, Is Mark required to show up or can his attorneys just appear with a deposition?
Assuming this is small claims, where the limit in Colorado is $7,500, attorneys are not allowed unless the attorney is either the defendant or he's a full time employee of Perp Tech/VA321. If Shifty wants to use an attorney or wants to countersue for more than $7500, then Sean can also use an attorney but then the case is then tried under regular civil procedures. There's no discovery and no jury trial but appeals are possible within 15 days but only for reviews of the law and not facts. More information can be found here. We're all pulling for you Sean.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Butters suing Mark. Its like a chapter in my life has finally closed...

Good for you and I wish I could be there in your corner. I gave him so many chances but until you have been run over by him its hard to understand how poorly (ie lies, ignores, threatens instead of just being honest) he treats people he calls his "friends". I feel bad for the people who depend on him. I feel bad for anybody owed anything by him. Sad story all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis