DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm usually on board with most of your informative posts but this hits below the belt. It's one thing to keep people informed with your investigative skills but another when you pull this personal attack $hit.
I understand your POV. It's a satirical parody and like all satire which is a peculiar way of looking at events and truths to make a point, it offends some and causes others to laugh. There comes a time in all sorts of things, like Bill's philanderings (depends on what your definition of is, is) or Spitzer's, Enron, Sabrina Williams' outburst at the US Open, Larry Flynt's parody of Jerry Falwell, whatever, where points can be made succinctly by these means. With the utmost of respect for your position, AV123 has been on a downward slope where something worse than 'hate' is occuring. That's ridicule. When people start laughing at you, even your former supporters, that's dangerous. However, if the moderators feel it is inappropriate I will delete it. Just PM me, I can do it myself.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'd be happy to discuss it with you off-line. Drop me a PM and a phone number and approximate time to call and I'll fill you in.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Because certain confidences would be breached, Django1 which may act to compromise existing 'negotiations' if you will. Listen, you're a smart guy. Maybe you can even read between the lines. Why don't you independently of me reach out to people close enough to have been potentially affected. Ask Mark just what factory in Vietnam he was owner or part owner of?

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
Gary Dodd feels around for his wallet as Mark Schifter regales all with stories of his new factory at Chernobyl and how the workers are positively glowing during the 2008 RMAF.

***Aparently I don't have enough posts to have the pic above included***

The police often question him just to see if they'll hear a new excuse. His career advise, "Find out what you don't do well in life and then teach others how to do likewise." His stories are so slippery, Mobil 1 looks to incorporate it into a new synthetic - Shifty oil. I don't always serve Kool-Aid, but when I do, I prefer the purple kind. STAY THIRSTY, my friends
I'm usually on board with most of your informative posts but this hits below the belt. It's one thing to keep people informed with your investigative skills but another when you pull this personal attack $hit.
He feels he has some right to do this kind of BS.. It's one thing to state verified facts,and ask responsible questions..quite another to post unsubstantiated facts and innuendos merely to smear the mans reputation and raise his post count..

I always thought pretty highly of this forum..but to allow folks to violate time after time the rules of the forum in this case is plain wrong...I guess it just goes to show you what the true frame of mind of the poster is but also that of the administration of this place is like for condoning this type of posting.They see fit to post their own rules for bashing the moderators and administration here on this site..but somehow they feel it is right to allow the forum members here to trash a different site owner..Something I don't understand..after all..since here they have a forum called the Steam Vent..where folks are supposed to put this kind of stuff and in the forum rules it states Basic etiquette and decency still apply...why isn't it practiced here..on this forum and enforced...and why hasn't this thread been moved into the Steam Vent forum..since it belongs there and not in the Loudspeakers forum..?

I don't condone what has happened at AV123..I have hopes all issues are resolved..and now see an open communication starting with MLS over there now..with some serious questions being asked..

I cannot believe this thread is really serving any other purpose except to allow slanderous post be made by certain forum members against Mark and AV123..Those here may see otherwise..as it is their choice to agree or disagree..

Mac

Last edited:
M

mziegler

Audioholic
I have seen tasteless posts. You claim slander (actually, the term is libel--slander is spoken). What points are libelous? Please do not point to what is obviously satire.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
I cannot believe this thread is really serving any other purpose except to allow slanderous post be made by certain forum members against Mark and AV123..Those here may see otherwise..as it is their choice to agree or disagree..

Mac
What a laff! Did you even read the first post of this thread? :rolleyes:

David-me wrote:
I feel mush the same way. I have read alot of things over the past few months, and to tell you the truth, All this negativity is bad for business when Mark and Company is trying really hard to turn things around. I like to think thay AV123 is going to turn things around, and dare I say, I am rooting for them.

I also think the best way to end all of this, is for Mark to come forward and honesty address all these concerns and allegations. To "enter the NO-SPIN-ZONE so to speak. Mark has always said he was an open person and I believe that now would be the best time end the charade.

Mark, I know this would be beyond difficult to do, emotionally speaking, and wish you and your company the best. I also believe that getting the nastiness behind you as quickly as possible might be the only way to turn this ship around.

Again, I wish you all the best and good luck.
People like this fascinate me. No matter how Mark Schifter spits in their faces by constantly ignoring every issue week after week (months and months... Years and years?).... They're still there to have faith in the man and continue to plead with him to do good... :rolleyes:

How can people be so naive? Take just this one issue: He stole charity money. He's been caught. He's done NOTHING but pretend like he's sorry. Hello? The guy has the cash, he built himself a brand new show room, he paid 2 months severance to an employee he fired... He just doesn't want to give back the stolen charity money back. And nobody knows how many other tens of thousands of dollars he's stolen from other charities...

But, just like the Energizer bunny who keeps going and going, well, they keep pleading and pleading and hoping and hoping... Wake up and take a good look at the situation!!! The guy was caught, and still he continues to try to evade everything.

Anyhow... I don't understand people...

JRandall wrote:
I'm new here, but I know what's up, and have lurked for a long time.

Even if everything you say is right, it isn't censorship. This isn't a public place. It's a private one. I'm NOT saying you don't have valid points, but if I owned this forum, I wouldn't let you crap here.

This isn't a public forum, therefore, if the moderators decide you are bad for business, they can delete at will.

Just my opinion. Opinions are like ********, everyone has one.
This guy can't be a real poster.

lonewolf wrote:
What is your end goal in all of this?
Again, what the hell is wrong with people... These brain dead people seem perfectly ok that Schifter has stolen what, just from what is know and has been verified, >35000$ of charity money, but oooh, you shouldn't talk about it because it might hurt the company! :rolleyes: Yeah sure, instead, we should all buy more stuff and send more charity money, hell, make a charity for Schifter, so that we can help this nice fellow!

And let's not talk about all of those other people who are owed money, products, etc... Yeah these might hurt the business, let's keep them hidden under the rug, let's delete every thread which concerns any of these legitimate issues, because it might hurt the company... :rolleyes: It's not censorship because it's a private forum... :rolleyes:

I can't even read page 2, or I'm going to throw up... What the hell is wrong with people!!!

Cult... These people are truly in a cult...

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
very sorry.

we will now allow bashing of Audioholics mods and admins on Audioholics.

but we will no longer let speaker discussion run rampant in the loudspeaker forum.

seriously, the day all money owed/stolen/misappropriated are paid back, i will personally lock this thread.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
we will now allow bashing of Audioholics mods and admins on Audioholics.

but we will no longer let speaker discussion run rampant in the loudspeaker forum.
:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

for the extremely dunce. i was also extremely sarcastic. the absence of spammers = itchy ban finger.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

for the extremely dunce. i was also extremely sarcastic.
Oh, ... how about a compromise? No bashing of mods, just admins? :D

Not for nothin' but ever since Matt34 did that home grown speaker comparison where the Primus 360 performed more favorably than the higher priced AV123 ... well, I was all done with them anyway.

I know, I know .... once again, nothing of substance. :(

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Just what in my satire where I used the format of the Dos Equis commercial did I slander? If the moderatores object, that's fine. I'll delete it. Satire though is constitutionally protected FYI. I take it you've read Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal which employed extremes to drive home a point, Mac11700?

Matt34

Matt34

He feels he has some right to do this kind of BS.. It's one thing to state verified facts,and ask responsible questions..quite another to post unsubstantiated facts and innuendos merely to smear the mans reputation and raise his post count..

I always thought pretty highly of this forum..but to allow folks to violate time after time the rules of the forum in this case is plain wrong...I guess it just goes to show you what the true frame of mind of the poster is but also that of the administration of this place is like for condoning this type of posting.They see fit to post their own rules for bashing the moderators and administration here on this site..but somehow they feel it is right to allow the forum members here to trash a different site owner..Something I don't understand..after all..since here they have a forum called the Steam Vent..where folks are supposed to put this kind of stuff and in the forum rules it states Basic etiquette and decency still apply...why isn't it practiced here..on this forum and enforced...and why hasn't this thread been moved into the Steam Vent forum..since it belongs there and not in the Loudspeakers forum..?

I don't condone what has happened at AV123..I have hopes all issues are resolved..and now see an open communication starting with MLS over there now..with some serious questions being asked..

Mac
When you start up your own forum you can set the rules...maybe even like the AV123 forum you were admin of. Mark is the CEO of AV123, not just a forum owner, who has ripped both customers and charities off to such an extent that it has brought shame to the entire community...and that is verifiable. If you think it should just blow over and be forgotten about, how is that doing service to the community?

Reporting this thread to get it locked down got you no where, don't expect your posting in it will either. I find it interesting Mac that you have never posted here until now, did Craig put you up to it?

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
I have seen tasteless posts. You claim slander (actually, the term is libel--slander is spoken). What points are libelous? Please do not point to what is obviously satire.
SOrry...sometimes the 2 meanings are intertwined..Defamation would be the correct terminology

Post that have been removed from here aren't viewable any longer..but..were made never the less..One only has to read what has been said here to understand this.Reading all that has been said is really proof enough.

The burden of proof isn't on me to point you to what has been said that isn't factual..it is up to them that have made it..to prove what they are saying to do this..

List the facts that are proven to be true..all the rest is innuendo...wither it is some twisted joke or not..

BTW...this still doesn't give any reason why this thread is allowed to remain here..

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
When you start up your own forum you can set the rules...maybe even like the AV123 forum you were admin of. Mark is the CEO of AV123, not just a forum owner, who has ripped both customers and charities off to such an extent that it has brought shame to the entire community...and that is verifiable. If you think it should just blow over and be forgotten about, how is that doing service to the community?

Reporting this thread to get it locked down got you no where, don't expect your posting in it will either. I find it interesting Mac that you have never posted here until now, did Craig put you up to it?
No Sir..Craig had nothing to do with my choosing to post..and no...I don't think wishing it to blow over will do anyone of the effected people any good at all,quite the contrary..As to setting up my own forum..I would at least do my level best to enforce the rules that would be set down..rules very similar to what is posted for this forum..

Discussing provable facts is one thing Matt...allowing all the rest of the crap to be said is villainous..and mean spirited...and wrong,you being a moderator should know this..Also..allowing these things to be said here..in the wrong forum..well...your the one who is supposed to enforce the policies here..and I would have hoped that fairness was part of the equation in how things are allowed to be presented here by you,no matter what your own bias was..

As to my posting now...I have been a member here for a year...and learned quite a bit and still am learning...There is a wealth of information available..and for that I am grateful to be able to do...I elected to post of my own accord in my own time..No one is prompting me nor have I been ask by any one to do so in their behalf..it is strictly my own thoughts and opinion..nothing more..nothing less..

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
The burden of proof isn't on me to point you to what has been said that isn't factual..it is up to them that have made it..to prove what they are saying to do this..

List the facts that are proven to be true..all the rest is innuendo...wither it is some twisted joke or not..
Are you willing to make a phone call to a charity and find out how much was donated by Schifty?

Matt34

Matt34

SOrry...sometimes the 2 meanings are intertwined..Defamation would be the correct terminology

Post that have been removed from here aren't viewable any longer..but..were made never the less..One only has to read what has been said here to understand this.Reading all that has been said is really proof enough.

BTW...this still doesn't give any reason why this thread is allowed to remain here..
It will remain open until everyone has been refunded or product delivered and the raffles have been compensated fully...that was per the admin. This thread is being moderated by your own admission so why are you still insisting in be deleted entirely when there are still outstanding issues? You do realize this entire thread wouldn't be here if Mark and AV123 conducted business in a ethical way.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, if Schifter were to provide a bona fide cancelled check, a verifiable wire transfer, a PayPal transfer, proving that that Derek's compensation wasn't 13% that would put it all to rest, wouldn't it?

As to Mac11700's defamation ploy, consider for a moment, who has harmed AV123/MLS's reputation? Me? Curtis? Gonk? Django1? Or MLS himself.

If AV123 were a store in your neighborhood, there'd be picketing on the sidewalk. Town officials would be alerted and would've revoked his licence to operate a business. The local prosecutor, the Attorney General would've been involved. There'd be letters to the editor. Reporters would come by. Radio stations. TV. He would never ever be allowed to get as far as he has. Dirt you can't even imagine would be reported, and if you think I've grossly misstated things, brother, you can't even imagine the dysfunction and the shenanigans that go on there.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
It will remain open until everyone has been refunded or product delivered and the raffles have been compensated fully that was per the admin. This thread is being moderated by your own admission so why are you still insisting in be deleted when there are still outstanding issues? You do realize this entire thread wouldn't be here if Mark and AV123 conducted business in a ethical way.
I don't know wither this thread would be here or not Matt..what I do find kind of ironic is how easy it is to allow all of what is being said now..even when your own forum policy states something entirely different..If you were looking for a typical Internet flame forum, you're in the wrong place, and it's probably best if you not waste either your time or ours by applying to post.

I am also sorry..I didn't think asking for it to be moved into the correct forum was asking for it's deletion..

One thing I had always thought about here..is that one sided observations wasn't accepted as the norm,and folks were allowed even encouraged to have different views of things. I am not defending Mark for the bone head mistakes he has done...but I am saying 2 wrongs don't make a right..I apologize for thinking that it mattered..and I am also sorry to have pointed out this forums rules regarding what is happening here to you

S

stevo238

Banned
How about this Mac. MLS should close the Av123 Forum (again) until all issues are resolved. Of course that will never happen....the Forum closing that is, barring a business shutdown. The business, what it is, is still dependent on it. And I think it's safe to say no one will ever know the real truth behind just how much money was skimmed off from those Raffles, so that issue will never really be resolved either.

What really bothers me though Mac is that every time you have what I believe is a revelation of common sense, you always let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis