DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BWG707

Audioholic
Off the subject a bit but I was wondering why so many people on the AV123 forum are selling their loyalty credits and coupons for dirt cheap?

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Off the subject a bit but I was wondering why so many people on the AV123 forum are selling their loyalty credits and coupons for dirt cheap?
Going rate I suppose. Add to that I suspect there are a lot of people who just want to rid themselves of AV123 and sell it cheap, but I suspect there are much more people like myself who don't even want them and never bothered getting them.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Because they're only good on orders over $1000 and have to be used by September 15th.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
The bigger question is why anyone is buying them. Are they applicable to any AV123 product?

C

candyman

Audiophyte
The bigger question is why anyone is buying them. Are they applicable to any AV123 product?
The Gratitude coupons (from a previous deal) allow people to save quite a bit on the more expensive speaker packages and can be applied to the current Rocket package.

Rob

B

BWG707

Audioholic
I actually don't think they are selling very well. As to be expected considering whose pocket they will go into.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can just see it now. A man lying in his hospital bed thinking he is going to be alright and, bam, then Mark jumps from behind the curtain and yanks the plug out of the wall. Then, as Mark and the hospital staff watch the man die they all point and laugh while yelling out, "You've just been Schiftered!"

Now that I think about it, that would be art imitating life a little too much.
I think that's a little over the top, there. :rolleyes:

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
There's been an interesting exchange going on at AV123 over the last few days, starting on the second page of this thread with a post by sean_w_smith. Near the top of page 3, MLS stated that they have never censored anyone on their forum. I took exception to that statement, as I can name several individuals who have been censored in just the last month or so.

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
MLS stated that they have never censored anyone on their forum.
What a hypocrite and a liar. That's what I can't understand with these type of people, how do they have the nerve to act like they do? :rolleyes:

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I have definitely been censored on their forum for asking this question a few weeks after the forum reopened:

Can We Please Have Some Proof That All Raffle Money Has Been Paid?
The title says it all. As somebody who gave quite a lot over the years I think its fair to see if all of our money made it to the charities. Mark has already admitted to taking from a couple and others have been verified from the charities themselves. As the people who donated the money, we have a right to know why Mark, acting just as the middle man, decided to take our money, take advantage of our trust and overall ruin the atmosphere we had worked so hard to build here. Because his word is no longer any good, we will need some kind of proof that these donations were made. These were done in AV123's name, so I believe this is the right place to be asking.

Thanks for your time.
Jed McChesney
It was deleted quickly and I was told that this was not AV123's business and I should direct my questions to Mark. I found that interesting since the forum is used as a place to ask questions and talk directly to Mark. I don't really care anymore who and how much they censor and delete over there, but Mark's needs to be called out on his inaccurate statement regarding their censorship policy only dealing with troublemakers and trolls.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
I can't believe this is still going.

Does this make me e-famous?

As an aside my friend still hasn't received his refund. He did receive a set of ELT's from AV123 in good faith, but no actual money yet.

And the world keeps on turnin'.........

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I can't believe this is still going.

Does this make me e-famous?

As an aside my friend still hasn't received his refund. He did receive a set of ELT's from AV123 in good faith, but no actual money yet.

And the world keeps on turnin'.........
Ah yes! Didn't he actively try to censor this thread by telling you to ask the moderators to delete this thread after he sent your friend some ELT's.

But last I heard he was supposed to receive his refund by the end of month, months ago. Guy is such a liar.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
We have specific reports of deleted posts/threads from Jed M, django, and cujobob as well as one from me. All were instances of posts that were deleted because they asked questions that AV123 didn't want to have to answer (three about raffle money, one about a large rebate). I doubt that those are the only cases of censorship. But I guess it's all a matter of interpretation, at least according to MLS.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
We have specific reports of deleted posts/threads from Jed M, django, and cujobob as well as one from me. All were instances of posts that were deleted because they asked questions that AV123 didn't want to have to answer (three about raffle money, one about a large rebate). I doubt that those are the only cases of censorship. But I guess it's all a matter of interpretation, at least according to MLS.
Unfortunetly for his case it is not a matter of interpretation. I guess when one gets wrapped up in such lies they become delusional.

Prior to the forum closing AV123 moderators did not actively censor complaints. Since the forum has re-opened they have indeed deleted peoples inquiries on refunds as well as polite requests about information on raffles that took place on the AV123 forum.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
AV123 is playing a Shell Game.

Find the pea (Mark) under the shell. Where is it now (shuffle...shuffle....shuffle..), the hand is quicker than the eye...(shuffle...shuffle...shuffle).

Is it not funny AV1123 "permits" MLS to routinely post his messages to the masses, which (through lying teeth) "adress" all these issues? THAT they permit and appreantly they feel the subject matter is AV123 related.

But they delete and censor all significant and important messages/posts by the users, which address, probe and call out AV123 and MLS on this subject matter? THAT is not considered, by AV123, to be AV123 related business.

Talk about hypocritical policy. Quite a contradiction by AV123.

AV123 is as complicit in all this criminal behavior, as is MLS.

AV123 is desperately trying to hide the pea. But the pea has been growing larger and larger...with each passing week.

If AV123 was a seperate entity from MLS, they would prohibit any posting by MLS and users regarding these subject matters (from day one). Secondly, they would have fired his @ss a long time ago and they would be taken legal action against him (MLS); for the damages.

But instead, AV123 is trying to hide the pea. That tells you all you need to know about AV123.

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Unfortunetly for his case it is not a matter of interpretation. I guess when one gets wrapped up in such lies they become delusional.

Prior to the forum closing AV123 moderators did not actively censor complaints. Since the forum has re-opened they have indeed deleted peoples inquiries on refunds as well as polite requests about information on raffles that took place on the AV123 forum.
In my last post in the thread at AV123, I stated that I would make any additional comments in a separate thread. I will probably post such a thread and re-post the content here, just in case the thread dies a quick death. I've been trying to figure out what more I can say, though. The notion of "interpretation" just continues to strike me as too absurd to ignore, and I think the confirmation that Derek is still owed around $34,000 just adds to my incredulity.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Add me to the "Censored at av123" list:

This post on 8/24 only lasted an hour or two:

Mark, I know you have lots on your plate, but I'm wondering if you can provide detail regarding various raffles that you/av123 have sponsored over the years? I imagine you must have good records for tax purposes - can any of that be shared with your customers and raffle participants?

There is a certain amount of speculation occurring about these good deeds and I thought it would make a lot of sense for you to set the record straight.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis