DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I'd be more concerned about the Ricket drivers - Circle indentations appearing or even worse a blown driver. Crossovers don't generally "fail" - even ones that use lower quality parts. Atleast you can source a replacement for the crossover network. The Ricket drivers on the other hand, where would you get those?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I'd be more concerned about the Ricket drivers - Circle indentations appearing or even worse a blown driver. Crossovers don't generally "fail" - even ones that use lower quality parts. Atleast you can source a replacement for the crossover network. The Ricket drivers on the other hand, where would you get those?
Hopefully Hugh and the Onix dealers can get them through their relationship with Mr. Pu. Otherwise people will have to buy up cheap speakers for the parts.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
It's not only the drivers for the Rickets, but the QC in general that concerns me. When I performed a crossover upgrade on my pair of 760s, one of the woofers didn't even have a rubber gasket on it, but the others did.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
It's not only the drivers for the Rickets, but the QC in general that concerns me. When I performed a crossover upgrade on my pair of 760s, one of the woofers didn't even have a rubber gasket on it, but the others did.
I'm lucky in that my Rockets are solid.They are of the older variety that hasn't had much issue with veneer coming off or splitting or other recent QC related problems with the drivers.I also take great care of them and make sure the wood doesn't dry out or that they don't sit in direct sunlight. If the drivers ever do fail,I am not going to sweat it.From those I have spoken with,getting replacement parts for them won't be as difficult as what I thought when all of the BS surrounding mls came up. There are a lot of good people left in the audio world who won't leave us hanging,when av123 has bitten the dust.

Otherwise people will have to buy up cheap speakers for the parts.
Or completely re-do them. I've been looking and talking to quite a few folks who have given me a few ideas to look into.Even if it means shipping them to a excellent cabinet maker to have new cut outs done. I would love to have a high end horn assembly put in and some excellent drivers as well.Getting the cross overs built is what is going to take the time though.

Mac

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
A raffle to hire Sean a lawyer...

To recoup lost wages and whatever else small claims didn't cover. The beauty of this raffle is that all contributors would be a winner. Count me in for $100

---joe

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think about 10 of us should send Mark some complimentary tubes of K-Y. I wonder if he'd start to get a bit nervous about the upcoming court appearance. :eek:
I'm reminded of something MLS said back on 3/21/08
A funny story to relate...

Santi could really sense my stress on Wednesday... I had put in 25+ consecutive days at 12 to 14 hours per...

I had been needing a haircut and Santi decided to take me to his styling place... I said OK...

When I got there he told me he had arranged a haircut and a facial and massage... Wow - I thought... I've never had a facial before... maybe this would be fun...
With a little bit of luck, he'll be having lots of fun.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Looks like the watch ad got shut down by the forum mods.

Hmmm.... Mark running into trouble with a forum moderator. Kinda funny, eh?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That's probably why TADG deleted all his posts. He must've said something inappropriate.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I would have to agree with TADG on that. Mark's 16,000 or 17,000 posts contained quite a few inappropriate comments. Any that contained the words "underfunded," "please give us time to put our affairs in order," "over the next few weeks," or "raffle," for example... :eek:

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
I will likely for my own pair but the future of Ninja Noble for production is in limbo at the moment. The labor for these is huge and if I charge for the labor, the cost to you all will be too high. Considering options...

Oh yeah, are you doing external x-overs for your speakers (don't remember if they are LS6 or LS9)?

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
I really appreciate the well wishes from you and everyone else. I'll say it again, it means a lot to me.

Sean

Thanks Sean. It takes guts to do what you did, especially when i'm sure you considered them friends at one time. Glad to see everything is working out for you and things are near closure. It's one thing to try and get retribution through the AG or via email, it's another entirely to meet them face to face. Kudos to you sir.

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
The next court date is May 3 at 1:30pm.

Well Sean, I'm not a particulary religious man, but GOD BLESS SARAH! Let us know the next time you've got to be in court. Maybe some of the folks who live in the general area might be able to show up if they're able to find some time.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, but the very act of running raffles if you don't meet all the guidelines is illegal in and of itself. You could set up a fund. Or you could sell special t-shirts.

May 3rd is pretty close Sean. Humbly Bumbly will be fast at work getting A-Stock material crafted. I wonder if those Epiphany cabs were A-stock?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I will likely for my own pair but the future of Ninja Noble for production is in limbo at the moment. The labor for these is huge and if I charge for the labor, the cost to you all will be too high. Considering options...
Maybe you can use CrealM in China? :D I bet TADG would set you up with them for a nominal finders fee. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis