Do I have to take it in for service??

G

Guapo

Enthusiast
I noticed my Harman Kardon AVR 630 is making some fuzz out of the left and right speakers. I wouldn't go so far as to call the noise a "hum", but it's definitely audible when you're near the speakers. It kind of sounds like what happens when you crank up your receiver all the way without an audio source - just some fuzz. I still get the sounds I'm supposed to get from whatever source I'm listening too, but the fuzz is an unwanted bonus. Any suggestions? I'm using some shielded Monster speaker wire and there really isn't anything new in my system that I hadn't been using in the past.

I recently moved and I held off setting the unit up until I bought an entertaiment center and some new speakers. The speakers are RBH MC-616C in the left, center & right and the MC-6C for the two surrounds. I actually don't have the two surrounds hooked up right now because I'm trying to figure out a way to mount them to the wall without having to drill into them. (I could definitely use any suggestions there too!) The sub is the RBH MS-10.1, which is a rather impressive little unit.

Well, any help would be greatly appreciated. During my move I misplaced my original receipt for the HK unit (along with all my other important things) and I'm not really eager to take it in because I won't be covered by the warranty, but that fuzz is driving my crazy!!

Thanks,
~Doug

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis