Do anyone use Firetv stick or Google ChromeCast on your Receiver

KcMeGa007

KcMeGa007

Audioholic Intern
Hello, everybody
Do any one here uses an Firetv stick 4k or an Google Chrome cast , plugged into the Receiver, cz I have the Yamaha RX A8A Receiver, using the FireTv setup - to PCM ,works just fine , but once changed to Digital modes, the Receiver just some times Decoder Off message with no sound out, so is it only work with PCM , and how to change the Google chrome cast audio out signal to PCM ,like the FireTv can , because running on the 4k blu ray player works just great , it can detect all decoding ,just not on these stick smart tv type, but again I'm using the Amazon Firetv 4k More then my chrome cast, with better interface and control

Thanks

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Hello, everybody
Do any one here uses an Firetv stick 4k or an Google Chrome cast , plugged into the Receiver, cz I have the Yamaha RX A8A Receiver, using the FireTv setup - to PCM ,works just fine , but once changed to Digital modes, the Receiver just some times Decoder Off message with no sound out, so is it only work with PCM , and how to change the Google chrome cast audio out signal to PCM ,like the FireTv can , because running on the 4k blu ray player works just great , it can detect all decoding ,just not on these stick smart tv type, but again I'm using the Amazon Firetv 4k More then my chrome cast, with better interface and control

Thanks
Are you using HDMI and digital optical cable?

KcMeGa007

KcMeGa007

Audioholic Intern
Are you using HDMI and digital optical cable?
Yes, just the Hdmi on all connections on my setup, my google chrome cast is the few year old chromecast and my friend got me a firetv 4k stick ,so I plugged on to my A8A Receiver and back out to the tv

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What content are you trying to play? Chromecast supports a lot, but it's going to be mostly streaming services. Local media is supported, but you'll be limited on compatibility.

KcMeGa007

KcMeGa007

Audioholic Intern
Hi,Im tryingto say is ,these smart stick , support Dolby atmos or just dolby digital ,right .. but somehow both failed, one good thing about the Amazon Firetv 4k stick ,has an option to switch to Digital plus or pcm ,which I am using now pcm , once switched to Digital,it still works ,but at times watching a movie ,the signal " the sound is cut off",for a minute or 2, why ? ,I get an message saying decording off , on the receiver, but going back to pcm ,works just great,is there a setting to fix this,I mainly use Netflix,prime video, and Disney plus to stream to my Firetv stick or Google ChromeCast to receiver to tv

Thanks

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,Im tryingto say is ,these smart stick , support Dolby atmos or just dolby digital ,right .. but somehow both failed, one good thing about the Amazon Firetv 4k stick ,has an option to switch to Digital plus or pcm ,which I am using now pcm , once switched to Digital,it still works ,but at times watching a movie ,the signal " the sound is cut off",for a minute or 2, why ? ,I get an message saying decording off , on the receiver, but going back to pcm ,works just great,is there a setting to fix this,I mainly use Netflix,prime video, and Disney plus to stream to my Firetv stick or Google ChromeCast to receiver to tv

Thanks
I'm not sure if you're typing on your phone or a PC, but it's somewhat hard to follow.

What receiver do you have? If it supports DD or DD+, then you shouldn't have any issues as long as you don't have odd settings for the specific HDMI port.

KcMeGa007

KcMeGa007

Audioholic Intern
I'm not sure if you're typing on your phone or a PC, but it's somewhat hard to follow.

What receiver do you have? If it supports DD or DD+, then you shouldn't have any issues as long as you don't have odd settings for the specific HDMI port.
I got a new receiver , Yamaha RX A8A Receiver,, recently and Yes, I'm using my smartphone typing, sorry if there is some errors, on the package of the Amazon Firetv stick says support Dolby atoms, so I thought it would work , it does work ,but at times while playing a movie on Netflix or primevideo, I get no sound ,with a message on the receiver ,`decorder off ' but not with PCM , I have NO Issues with PCM , I use my Receiver for movie watching only
, If any body here owns the A2A, A4A, A6A, or A8A Receiver , is there a setting, to set ,to fix this issue,, and how to change Google Chrome cast to PCM mode?? Thank you so much

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Only PCM works hmm… Sounds like a bug possibly. My older Yamaha RXA2060 doesn’t have that issue.

This is the kind of thing Yamaha support might be able to figure out if it really is a settings issue. It’s also likely that if it’s a bug they would fix in firmware pretty quickly.

One streamer that uses PCM is the AppleTV 4K. (It decodes the Dolby Digital Plus then sends PCM (including Atmos)) to the AVR.

My streamers are Firecube 4K and AppleTV 4K. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I will say though that either of these can use a restart every once in a while. I would start with updating the FireTV firmware and then doing a restart first to see if that helps.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I got a new receiver , Yamaha RX A8A Receiver,, recently and Yes, I'm using my smartphone typing, sorry if there is some errors, on the package of the Amazon Firetv stick says support Dolby atoms, so I thought it would work , it does work ,but at times while playing a movie on Netflix or primevideo, I get no sound ,with a message on the receiver ,`decorder off ' but not with PCM , I have NO Issues with PCM , I use my Receiver for movie watching only
, If any body here owns the A2A, A4A, A6A, or A8A Receiver , is there a setting, to set ,to fix this issue,, and how to change Google Chrome cast to PCM mode?? Thank you so much
No worries, I just asked on the typing because some apps don't translate the text that well to the actual forum format.

Since you have a new receiver, there is no reason you should be having these issues. You really shouldn't have to do anything settings wise.

Have you tried multiple HDMI ports on the receiver? Other than that, I can't really think of anything other than an issue with the AVR. I think @snakeeyes is right, talking to Yamaha support is probably best.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

Thanks
I have Firestick and Fire TV Cube. Anyway, you should select "Best Audio" on the Firestick instead of Dolby Plus or PCM. If that doesn't work, do a factory reset on the Firestick to clear things up.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have Firestick and Fire TV Cube. Anyway, you should select "Best Audio" on the Firestick instead of Dolby Plus or PCM. If that doesn't work, do a factory reset on the Firestick to clear things up.
My concern is that the AVR is acting up. I'm hoping the OP has another source to test to rule that possibility out. I'd normally agree that the streaming device is the issue, but with all the issues with HDMI lately I can't rule out the AVR.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Starting over with full resets of both sticks/streamers and avr sounds like a good idea.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you are using the Fire stick via wifi, did you go to setting to check the wifi signal strength? If it is weak, it could give you intermittent problems for sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis