Do 4K Ultra HD Blu Ray disks have reduced LFE ?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I read on another forum that 4K Ultra HD Blu Rays supposedly have reduced LFE content compared to the original soundtrack. However, I have not been able to confirm that this is correct. Does anyone know if this is true?

In my systems I can hear that there is definitely plenty of LFE content, but it’s hard to know if there might be something missing. By way of analogy, in the past I tried comparing Blu Ray movies to cable and satellite movies and I was surprised how much better the audio was on the Blu Ray. But, if I’d never heard the Blu Ray version I wouldn’t have known what was missing.

The subject of LFE content on Blu Rays came up on the other forum in the context of streaming audio vs Blu Ray audio. The gist of the conversation was that few (if any) content providers use all of the original soundtrack data because so few consumers have systems that can accurately reproduce the original soundtrack.

It’s depressing to think that the advances in audio technology may be defeated by a lack of demand because something like 90% of consumers either don’t know or don’t care enough to create sufficient market demand for high quality content (I’m sure there also some who care but have insufficient resources to justify the expense)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or is it just a new mix being gutted? Seems infrasonic stuff is on the decline....

You could analyze the audio with the help of a computer program perhaps...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis