T

Tazmoj

Audioholic Intern
Can fit a 50" tv in a space 4.5 feet high. Have space for the Sony 50"LCD, or the Samsung 50" DLP. Concerned with vertical viewing angle when sitting. Any ideas on which to use? Also, Samsung has the 1080p 50" coming out, big enough picture dif to warrent extra $$ ??

T

Tazmoj

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the link.. I too read the article comparing the two, and left a bit confused !!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This may work for you:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcd_dlp_update6.htm

Viewing angle is almost 100% screen dependent. DLP & LCD are typically very similar in brightness, but many screens are optomized for viewing within a specific seating plane so that the brightest image possible reaches those people. A wide dispersion path, especially at severe down or up angles just throws light away that could instead be directed towards viewers eyes.

I'm not sure what the 'solution' to this is other than taking a look at a TV at your local BB/CC and having them pull a ladder out for you to stand on if you are going to be way off plane.

View it and look at it the same way you will in your home. Don't stand/sit in really weird places that your home doesn't even allow for. If you look for crazy flaws, you will find them. But, if you will never be in that spot in your home, then why expose yourself to that flaw in the first place?

1080p is the next generation for sure, and there are a couple of posts about it in the displays forum. Worth it? I'm not sure how much they are worth it in such a small form factor and considering that 1080p sources aren't being evaluated on 1080p displays.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis