FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
I read somewhere that with dlp's, which i have that if you are watching tv and the power goes out for a significant amount of time the fan stops cooling the lamp causing it to overheat and burning out, i knew of them simply burning out but never heard this before. Said a back-up power unit was recomended. any truth behind this?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Projector bulbs

The bulb/lamp in a rear or front projector gets really hot when running. To cool it off and extend the life of the lamp, the TV or projector runs the fan for a few minutes after you turn it off. Unplugging a projector or a power outage will eliminate this cool down stage which could shorten the life of the lamp.

If you have frequent power outages, then a battery backup might be a wise investment. APC and Tripplite have models specifically designed for A/V gear that include surge protection, voltage filtering and regulation, and battery backup.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
jcPanny said:
The bulb/lamp in a rear or front projector gets really hot when running. To cool it off and extend the life of the lamp, the TV or projector runs the fan for a few minutes after you turn it off. Unplugging a projector or a power outage will eliminate this cool down stage which could shorten the life of the lamp.

If you have frequent power outages, then a battery backup might be a wise investment. APC and Tripplite have models specifically designed for A/V gear that include surge protection, voltage filtering and regulation, and battery backup.
i actually just bought a monster 3600 power cleaner about 2 days before reading this, however could I use a computer ups and intagrate it into my system as a cheaper way to go?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis