nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
My new Samsung is excellent, but I have a complaint. From certain angles or certain colors/levels of brightness, I can see these blemishes that resemble fingerprints or greasy smears that reside on the backside of the screen. I've tried removing them, but they aren't on the outer surface of the display.

I went to BB and to my suprise (not really), every display had them. I'm not talking about a small one-inch mar, but several "stains" covering two feet worth of display. There's no recurring pattern and it's different on each display. Through regular viewing, it isn't noticeable unless the color and brightness is just right, but I know it's there. Obviously, it doesn't seem that exchanging it will solve the problem, as every other display I've see also has these marks.

I'm coming up on the end of the return period for this toy, please give me some solutions/suggestions. Thanks!

U

Unregistered

I thought I was the only one having this problem. I bought a Samsung 61" DLP (HLP6183W) and is seeing something similar to what you're seeing. I had the store technician looked at it and there was nothing he can do to remedy the problem. I wonder if Samsung is aware of this. I had my original unit exchanged due to this problem. The second unit has a similar problem. I wonder if the problem lies in the projection system or the light engine. I still have the second unit awaiting an answer back from the store.

cam

cam

Audioholic
Solutions/suggestions, run, don't walk and take that crap back. If yours is the same as all the demos on display then there is a production flaw for sure.

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
Unregistered said:
I thought I was the only one having this problem. I bought a Samsung 61" DLP (HLP6183W) and is seeing something similar to what you're seeing.
My best friend and roommate bought the 61" the same day I bought my 50" and his had the same markings. There is definitely a flaw somewhere...

I've been able to confirm the flaw on EVERY new Samsung DLP demo at five different stores. This could be a "buyer-beware" issue. I've contacted Samsung with no response yet... I hope they come through on this one, I've always been impressed with their products (I've never had a complaint before).

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

I got a call from the store technician and he will be over on Oct. 26 to fix the problem (they claimed). I will update on the fix.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
Synchronization of the mirrors in the light engine seems the problem here. According to the missallignment the obscurity of the light could show in different shapes and forms.

Hope the technician coming to your house is familiar with this type of allignments, otherwise get another TV set, don't waste anytime, warranties on labor is usually 90 days unless you bought the extended warranty.

Mr.T

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis