DIY Stereo Integrity HT 18" V2, with baltic birchwood enclosure flatpanel kit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just for sub-duties i dont think you will benefit from the HD.
Curious, why not the HD? I'm not fully familiar with this newer model (I have an original 2x4 unbalanced as well as a 2x4 balanced unit) but seems it would have more flexibility...

R

roadrune

Audioholic
As i have understood from other forums, the added functions dont come to use in the lower octaves, but i might be wrong.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
When I modeled this driver in WinISD I used 4 cu ft as my box size sealed. 1000w was perfect and would make sure the driver didn't go into over-excursion. I think the dayton would fit well considering.

Once you get your placement right and get the miniDSP you'll really have a nice, capable sub. Thanks for the info on the box. Now I can be a bit more lazy and get one of those instead of building my own.

EDIT: I lied. For $115 I'll build my own. Still good info though.

A

aweir

Enthusiast
whatever you choose for the enclosure, get this driver. You cannot beat in in price/performance. I would also inquire about getting a gasket with it, but they won't supply the speaker gasket, then go to Walmart and pick up the Duck brand rope caulk, the stuff is amazing. It's just the right width and squishes down like clay, air-tight.

I would definitely choose the enclosure flat panel, you will save yourself from having to make bracing for it. The bracing that comes with the enclosure has been CNC cut and fits together perfectly, and believe me, I mean perfectly.

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
whatever you choose for the enclosure, get this driver. You cannot beat in in price/performance. I would also inquire about getting a gasket with it, but they won't supply the speaker gasket, then go to Walmart and pick up the Duck brand rope caulk, the stuff is amazing. It's just the right width and squishes down like clay, air-tight.

I would definitely choose the enclosure flat panel, you will save yourself from having to make bracing for it. The bracing that comes with the enclosure has been CNC cut and fits together perfectly, and believe me, I mean perfectly.
You’re lucky you picked up that driver and enclosure combo! This week suddenly SI removed them from the website and they’re gone! No plans to bring them back. DIY Sound Group just had those beautiful B.B. cabs built too. Enjoy it! You’ve got one of the only and last ones.

I’ve got 4 V1 drivers in the MDF Sealed Cabs and they do very well. 900 Watts per cab. May be offloading them on here soon for some new JTR Captivators. Gotta feed the itch!

So if you have the HD 2x4 this becomes a powerful tool when you upgrade it for Dirac. It’s a plug in and it automatically does PEQ, phase, delay, etc without having to manually sweep it and plug in the values. Plus you can run Multi Sub Optimizer with it and it’s just magic. You also get 10 PEQ values instead of I think 4 or 5 in the standard one. Great piece!!

Love the down firing design. I’ve got MDF cut for two dual driver down firing coffee tables using SI HTs. I don’t have the drivers though and plan was to get the V2. That’s not happening now.

I have the big peak sat 30ish as well. With my 2x4 HD and Dirac it’s flat! And with the extra power headroom you can add a nice house curve as a low end shelf.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You’re lucky you picked up that driver and enclosure combo! This week suddenly SI removed them from the website and they’re gone! No plans to bring them back.
Well that just threw a wrench into my plans...

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Well that just threw a wrench into my plans...
That’s threw a wrench in a lot of peoples! There are folks I know of Who built boxes anticipating buying these. Even DIYSG had lots built for them, now they’re gone. Not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is the basic 18 v.2 or the HST that's gone or both?

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
This is the basic 18 v.2 or the HST that's gone or both?
Just the HT is gone, the HST custom hand made series and all others are there still including the 24s.

Same thing happened with the DS4 however not so abruptly like this did.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just the HT is gone, the HST custom hand made series and all others are there still including the 24s.

Same thing happened with the DS4 however not so abruptly like this did.

IIRC he had limited production run for the DS4, assume same for v2? Haven't kept up, still haven't used all my v1 drivers :)

A

aweir

Enthusiast
They could be a little more descriptive than "no longer available".

Like, out of stock...no longer in production...back ordered...lost at sea?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They could be a little more descriptive than "no longer available".

Like, out of stock...no longer in production...back ordered...lost at sea?
Hard to know until they share, didn't see anything on the FB page. Hopefully Nick'll update soon. Anyone send an email or call? Call Sundown to see if they know?

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Hard to know until they share, didn't see anything on the FB page. Hopefully Nick'll update soon. Anyone send an email or call? Call Sundown to see if they know?
They were completely removed from the website. I read on AVS that someone there exchanged info on Facebook and he said they are gone and no longer available. Maybe that was Private Messaging. The V2s were supposed to be indefinitely available, whereas he told everyone with the DS4 that it was a finite run.

All we can do is wait.

I’ve got 5 V1s (I think are better than the v2) that I’m on the fence about keeping or letting go.

If I see or hear anything I’ll let you know.

Check out DIYSoundGroup.com he has pre assembled boxes btw for Nick’s HST 18s and 24s. He will also be selling pre packaged kits with the box, driver, and a pre programmed high quality Speaker Power amp with tuning for the install. Just FYI.

SI are having a Black Friday sale, 20 percent off and price includes shipping. All HSTs.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They were completely removed from the website. I read on AVS that someone there exchanged info on Facebook and he said they are gone and no longer available. Maybe that was Private Messaging. The V2s were supposed to be indefinitely available, whereas he told everyone with the DS4 that it was a finite run.

All we can do is wait.

I’ve got 5 V1s (I think are better than the v2) that I’m on the fence about keeping or letting go.

If I see or hear anything I’ll let you know.

Check out DIYSoundGroup.com he has pre assembled boxes btw for Nick’s HST 18s and 24s. He will also be selling pre packaged kits with the box, driver, and a pre programmed high quality Speaker Power amp with tuning for the install. Just FYI.

Hopefully it gets clearer soon.

I have 5 v1s as well, hadn't really paid much attn to the v2 outside of this thread really. Build my own boxes (well three so far for those). Didn't ever get tempted enough for the HST18, altho I'd love to play with a couple. Hadn't seen that diysg with the matching SP amp thing, sounds awesome, will have to go look around to see what I've missed, as it's been a while...

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Price on an HST 18 is 6 and change shipped. That’s not bad. The 24 is under 1100 shipped. That’s an impressive driver in a sealed box. A pair would be truly incredible. At those prices it changes the high end subwoofer game.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis