D

Denm

Audiophyte
I’m trying to get the simple rundown on building my own interconnects. What is the difference between a cable for audio vs. a cable for video? Does mic cord work well? What about using RG6? How about building digital audio interconnects. :confused:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Quad Shield RG6 will work very well for audio or video. In fact I am prewiring much of my new home with this cable. For video you need a cable with good shielding and 75 ohm characterstic impedance and this is what you will get with FRG6 or Quad Shield RG6.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Denm said:
I’m trying to get the simple rundown on building my own interconnects. What is the difference between a cable for audio vs. a cable for video? Does mic cord work well? What about using RG6? How about building digital audio interconnects. :confused:

Simple answer is that the RG6 type cable will work for all those applications as it is a 75 ohm impedance cable that is used in video and digital audio but will not matter for the interconnect use. It also has low capacitance that all three applications like. Not sure about the mic cable properties.

I think you should find ready made for maybe lewss than you can make them. But, if you like to make them regardless, use the RG6 type, good all around cable

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis