j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Got this from Redbox free for a day (and ended up keeping it for a few). It got great reviews but I was still hesitant, so when I got the free promo code, I figured that was the best way to really find out.

This is a first person stealth game, and a very nice looking one at that. I read two of reviews of it and both had the same comment - for a game that would prefer you not to kill anyone, why do they provide you with so many ways to kill? You constantly have a blade in your hand and while you may put it away, as soon as you perform an action, out it comes. Presumably it is there for defense, because you can defend and then use non-lethal measures. Having it there though means you will eventually strike someone.

The story is pretty good and there is a LOT of exploring and interesting side missions that play to your benefit. As mentioned, for all of your primary tasks as an assassin, you can either perform the task directly or try to find a non-lethal method to achieve the goal. The side missions tend to either directly or indirectly aid you in the non-lethal aspect.

If you've ever played a stealth game, the fundamentals of this one aren't much different, however they really worked in how your choice to kill or not affects the cities. The more you kill, the more enemies and difficulty you encounter and the "darker" the cities are. The repercussions of your actions are immediately visible in things that NPCs say and how they react to you, as well as the comments by the government PA system. If you play through multiple times and choose different actions, this is quite evident and this adds an interesting layer to the game.

I wasn't able to finish it because I kept trying different things (meaning I was having fun), but I will be picking this one up. It is very fun. Recommended.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Sweet Thanks..

Got this from Redbox free for a day (and ended up keeping it for a few). It got great reviews but I was still hesitant, so when I got the free promo code, I figured that was the best way to really find out.

This is a first person stealth game, and a very nice looking one at that. I read two of reviews of it and both had the same comment - for a game that would prefer you not to kill anyone, why do they provide you with so many ways to kill? You constantly have a blade in your hand and while you may put it away, as soon as you perform an action, out it comes. Presumably it is there for defense, because you can defend and then use non-lethal measures. Having it there though means you will eventually strike someone.

The story is pretty good and there is a LOT of exploring and interesting side missions that play to your benefit. As mentioned, for all of your primary tasks as an assassin, you can either perform the task directly or try to find a non-lethal method to achieve the goal. The side missions tend to either directly or indirectly aid you in the non-lethal aspect.

If you've ever played a stealth game, the fundamentals of this one aren't much different, however they really worked in how your choice to kill or not affects the cities. The more you kill, the more enemies and difficulty you encounter and the "darker" the cities are. The repercussions of your actions are immediately visible in things that NPCs say and how they react to you, as well as the comments by the government PA system. If you play through multiple times and choose different actions, this is quite evident and this adds an interesting layer to the game.

I wasn't able to finish it because I kept trying different things (meaning I was having fun), but I will be picking this one up. It is very fun. Recommended.
Thanks for posting this. I have read multiple reviews and seems like most people really like this. Being such an AC fan, which btw, I am liking, this really fits my style. I'll check this out and update.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The abilities that they give you are pretty fun to mess around with too. You can stop time while being attacked and have guys shoot themselves or other attackers. You can "rewire" their defenses to attack them and not you, and of course "blink" which allows you to teleport a short distance. Blink is particularly useful because rather than having to sneak up or wait a long time for a character to come to you, you can blink right near them to subdue them. It is well balanced, the game play mechanics work well, the characters and settings are pretty interesting.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
When I read the thread title, I thought that you had done something dishonorable to your PS3. Either that, or it was acting up.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I almost picked it up the other day, but bought Halo 4 instead because, well I already have Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
The abilities that they give you are pretty fun to mess around with too. You can stop time while being attacked and have guys shoot themselves or other attackers. You can "rewire" their defenses to attack them and not you, and of course "blink" which allows you to teleport a short distance. Blink is particularly useful because rather than having to sneak up or wait a long time for a character to come to you, you can blink right near them to subdue them. It is well balanced, the game play mechanics work well, the characters and settings are pretty interesting.
I will have to agree. This game is real fun I have it for PS3 I just beat it last night def worth the buy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I haven't finished it yet because I've been playing Sports Champions 2 in 3D (surprisingly awesome) but I am pretty close to done with Dishonored. Will get around to it in the next week or so.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
A bit too short, IMO, but a VERY well done game. I truly enjoyed my time with Dishonored and intend to go back to it many times. :D

9.5/10!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, the reviews said short, but since there are so many options for how to achieve most of the goals, you could spend a LOT of time trying different things. I already spent time on the major mission trying a few different ways. A complete no-kill run might be worth a shot too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis