Dish Network Joey- splitting sound?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So my best friend wants to buy my Revel F30's (RIP) and I was going to throw in the 2-channel Yamaha amp for him to power them. His primary source is a Dish Network Joey receiver, either v1 or v2.

He's got it connected to his TV through HDMI but the Yamaha doesn't have HDMI inputs so I can't do an audio/video pass through. What I want to do is connect the Joey's RCA outputs to the amp while the HDMI remains in place to send video to the TV. Does anyone have experience trying this? Does the Joey output sound to both simultaneously?

He lives almost 3 hours away so I can't test it until I get there. Worst case he has to buy a basic 100wpc receiver but that's more than he really needs since he's not doing surround.

Anyway, thanks in advance! :)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
So my best friend wants to buy my Revel F30's (RIP) and I was going to throw in the 2-channel Yamaha amp for him to power them. His primary source is a Dish Network Joey receiver, either v1 or v2.

He's got it connected to his TV through HDMI but the Yamaha doesn't have HDMI inputs so I can't do an audio/video pass through. What I want to do is connect the Joey's RCA outputs to the amp while the HDMI remains in place to send video to the TV. Does anyone have experience trying this? Does the Joey output sound to both simultaneously?

He lives almost 3 hours away so I can't test it until I get there. Worst case he has to buy a basic 100wpc receiver but that's more than he really needs since he's not doing surround.

Anyway, thanks in advance! :)
The majority of devices will output both simultaneously. That was how most multi zones systems are were setup up due to not passing digital audio to additional zones. That has somewhat changed in the last five years though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis