Disable soundbar from automatically turning on with TV?

G

gkguy1

Audiophyte
I have the Sony XBR55x950G TV…I just bought a JBL 9.1 soundbar to go with it. My issue is when I turn on the TV, the soundbar automatically turns on too….I’ve tried everything that I know, but can’t keep the soundbar from turning on…When I go to Bravia sync, it is greyed out….I can’t disable the devices….the “enable” button is listed, but I change it or scroll down to the devices…When I turn off the soundbar, I can disable Bravia sync control, but then no sound will come out of the speaker. I've contacted JBL and they said to disable CEC which is Bravia sync with Sony. As I said, no sound is produced when I do that...There's no way to turn of CEC in the soundbar as far as I know. .Any suggestions? Thx

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Which model sound bar is it? If using ARC to get sound to the soundbar from the tv, then it makes sense if you turn it off, you get no sound.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Possibly connect the hdmi on the tv to a port that is not ARC. If you need the tv to send the sound to the sound bar, you may not have a choice. There is always the optical connection, but it won't pass atmos/dts:x.

G

gkguy1

Audiophyte
I tried the hdmi input ( not arc) and it still sent the signal the soundbar to turn on.... I tried the optical and it does not pass atmos...

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Right, it may be just that way it is. I looked at the manual and couldn't see a way to turn it off either.

G

gkguy1

Audiophyte
I know... Thx for your replies .. I even tried using my Harmony remote but that didn't work either .. it would not turn off the sound bar

G

gkguy1

Audiophyte
Unless I figure out how to use a delay with the harmony remote

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I used to do that with my harmony remote to cope with ARC issues....I'd think for at least some models thats still possible.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I have the harmony hub and you can set delays when powering on. You can set power on delay, input delay, etc for each item.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis