Dirac New Panorama Sound for Mobile Devices

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dirac Panorama Sound is a new mobile audio solution designed to improve the relatively unsatisfying experience of watching content and playing games on portable devices with small, closely-positioned speakers. Like the company’s state-of-the-art room correction software, Dirac’s mobile tech optimizes both impulse and frequency response to improve sound quality and create the impression of a wider soundstage. Does Dirac Panorama Sound have the edge over competing solutions from Dolby and DTS?

dirac.jpg

Read: Dirac Panorama Sound Technology for Mobile

hk2000

hk2000

Junior Audioholic
It makes sense for headphone use, but for built-in speakers in these devices, it's just rediculous to even bother- no processing in the wotld can make a tablet or smart phone speaker sound decent- NO WAY!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Some mobile devices have decent speakers for their size, but I still am not sure what benefit this will be. Guess I'd have to hear it. My tablet has the speakers on one side, so when I use it for video content, all the sound comes from the right. Don't think Dirac will fix that.

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
It makes sense for headphone use, but for built-in speakers in these devices, it's just rediculous to even bother- no processing in the wotld can make a tablet or smart phone speaker sound decent- NO WAY!
Watch, it turns your phone into a subwoofer...

F

flak2

Enthusiast
@ j_garcia
having two physically different minidrivers, moreover located in weird positions, does'nt come unexpected and Dirac Panorama Sound is custom tailored and tuned for each specific device in order to take that into account.
Of course no miracles but much better sound...

:) Flavio

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis