Dirac Live Room Correction Preview

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
and yes, Dirac can help you treat the LF region.
This the screenshot I posted earlier from my Dirac Live room correction exercise, with Dirac's default target curve(with adjustments) applied.

1586107154755.png

N

Niklasmagnus

Enthusiast
If the version you use allows you to set the curtain, then just look for the point in the raw graph, un-treated, for where your room response starts to smooth out on its own. I believe the smaller the room, the higher the frequency, but usually between 200-300hz. :)

I am not a Dirac user, nor do I use PEQ, so your other question is pushing outside my zone of comfort. Generally speaking, I would use room correction first, then adjust afterword. Dirac, as I understand, gives you better controls of how it works/what it does, than say Audyssey will. Depending on the version/level of Dirac, I think you can fix anything using their program, at least based on what I'm learning from listening in on some other conversations.

Beyond that, you will need to talk to somebody much more familiar with Dirac. ;)

Cheers!
What do you mean with the comment in bold text, Im not following?

Dirac Live does mixed-phase room correction, a combination of IIR( PEQ & Crossover) & FIR filters..,correcting for both the amplitute(vs frequency) response as well the time domain response.
So you shouldnt need to add additional PEQ filters.
Will try to only run Dirac and hopeful it with the response so I can skip the PEQ in minidsp.
Due to the corona virus Nad will not do the upgrade for me at the moment so I hope this goes over soon =)

This the screenshot I posted earlier from my Dirac Live room correction exercise, with Dirac's default target curve(with adjustments) applied.
Nice cure, but I would like to see some boost in the bass below 60Hz. Today I have a boost of 6 db from 60hz to 30hz and flat down to 20Hz.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Nice cure, but I would like to see some boost in the bass below 60Hz. Today I have a boost of 6 db from 60hz to 30hz and flat down to 20Hz.
Like I said, you can shape the curve the way you want! That was my initial iteration with a wip 2 channel system with the default target curve. Once I naturally treat the room, lets see how the amplitute response looks like and repeat the eq process as needed.

Yes I do like a slight boost (think most do) in that region...

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Like I said, you can shape the curve the way you want! That was my initial iteration with a wip 2 channel system with the default target curve. Once I naturally treat the room, lets see how the amplitute response looks like and repeat the eq process as needed.

Yes I do like a slight boost (think most do) in that region...
Here's another example, I just boosted the 30-60hz you mentioned..

being able to shape the curves to your own taste ...think about it ;-)

1586113476317.png

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What do you mean with the comment in bold text, Im not following?
This is the not-so-scientific way of identifying the Schroeder Frequency.
A room response chart will show a lot more peaks and dips below the Schroeder Frequency (where the room is behaving as a resonant chamber) and will smooth out above that point.
Just as an easy example, lets use the post above from AVUser... Don't look at the bright line, but the darker... and assume please that that is the untreated measurement.
You can see large swings from peak to dip up to (in that graph) ~130Hz. After that point, the graph smooths out.
Likewise, look at the graphed example in this link:
You can see their example.
Also, a good read is the associated Sound & Vision articles, linked directly here:

N

Niklasmagnus

Enthusiast
Aha, now I understand what you mean. I have a lot of measurements and here is one example. Measurement point 1 is at MLP.
1= MLP
2= 20 cm behind , 20cm to the right
3= 20 cm behind , 20cm to the left
4= 20 cm in front, 20cm to the left
5= 20 cm in front, 20cm to the right

FD309F44-AA3A-48F3-AC0A-BD2595DD06E6.jpeg

So about 250hz is my SF.?.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Is that corrected or not? Do you have a measurement that's just the MLP?

N

Niklasmagnus

Enthusiast
Is that corrected or not? Do you have a measurement that's just the MLP?
This was not corrected. I’m using a different bass management today compared to the graph. Since I’m waiting on upgrade of my NAD and planning to do some acoustic improvements I wait with taking new measurements.
But will check if I have measurement from MLP with today’s set up

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis