Dinosaur with computer (tuner) question.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm really, really liking the radio available on the internet. I can feed my rockabilly and western swing monkey like never before. But, I don't aways want to use the computer. That seems like a tremendous waste.

I know Oynko has a receiver that incorporates an "internet tuner" but I need another receiver like I need another hole in my head. Is there a sanely priced stand-alone radio/tuner that would plug into my hub and allow me to simply tune in internet radio stations? I'll assume that it would have at least R/L analog outputs which is all I would need.

Thanks, guys. I'll answer any questions I can on stuff from the 60's and up but when it comes the this new fangled computer thingie, I'm in foreign territory.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Feed Those Monkeys

The Media MVP also does internet radio. At $90 or less it's a good value to get you up and running. Media hubs will get more sophiscated and better in the next couple of years but for the money you can't beat the MVP. You will need your TV on though.
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the bananas.

I'll most definitely check it out. I'm running 98 but it may be time to step up to the 21st century ,but I gotta tell ya, I like running in a DOS environment. Remember, I'm old school. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis