Digital Timing/Jitter and DACs

jinjuku

jinjuku

It's something to research and spend the $$ on appropriately. Topping and SMSL come to mind when making DAC's that have been properly designed to apply a clock to the Asynch data coming in.

There are many others also at price ranges from $200 to $2000 and above. My experience with everything from $200 to $4000 that I've had at one time or another is that for me ~$500 price point starts the ramp up of diminishing returns. Features like BlueTooth and Headphone outs, good display, good remote etc all come into play.

rjharle

rjharle

Audioholic
It's something to research and spend the $$ on appropriately. Topping and SMSL come to mind when making DAC's that have been properly designed to apply a clock to the Asynch data coming in.

There are many others also at price ranges from $200 to $2000 and above. My experience with everything from $200 to $4000 that I've had at one time or another is that for me ~$500 price point starts the ramp up of diminishing returns. Features like BlueTooth and Headphone outs, good display, good remote etc all come into play.
When the timing or jitter is a problem what does it sound like?

jinjuku

jinjuku

When the timing or jitter is a problem what does it sound like?
I don't care to answer that question because I did my research and purchased the SMSL SU-9 DAC that has SOTA clock recovery from the incoming data stream.

Why worry about something that won't exist on a properly implemented DAC?

It's like asking how long will it take to hitch hike from NY to Miami. Who cares because you are going to look at bus and airline fare.

rjharle

rjharle

Audioholic
I don't care to answer that question because I did my research and purchased the SMSL SU-9 DAC that has SOTA clock recovery from the incoming data stream.

Why worry about something that won't exist on a properly implemented DAC?

It's like asking how long will it take to hitch hike from NY to Miami. Who cares because you are going to look at bus and airline fare.
Thank you for your response. I'll go do my research,

jinjuku

jinjuku

audiosciencereview has an extensive list of equipment with instrumented measurements by the high end Audio Precision Analyzer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might want to review these among other articles/threads

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis