different rear wall speaker set up

M

mlstark21

Audiophyte
new to the group, and had different thought. I was wondering about having 4 back surround in wall speakers. I know the norm is 2 and toe them in a certain degree....long story short.....about a year away from final build. I have four polk audio 65rt in wall speakers and want to ask if anyone heard of expanding the rear wall sound field. my room is 19x10x8 and wasn't sure how to wire them or even if anyone should. I was planning on running a 7.2.6 system on a denon x8500h. thanks a lot...
Screenshot_20200912-132947_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200912-132947_Chrome.jpg

M

mlstark21

Audiophyte
sorry....
I would use 2 speakers for surround back right and 2 surround back left

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I would recommend against it. You would want the separation between the side surround and rear surrounds.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would recommend against it as well. Not sure driving that configuration with an AVR would be safe. You could do that if you have to cover multiple rows, and use external amplifiers. Which way is the layout going to be? Imo you don’t need to worry about .6 Atmos in a room that small. Plus, there are issues with some soundtracks using/not using either the middle pair, or the front and rear tops. Also, if you’re going to be seated against the back wall, a 7ch bed, and rear heights/tops will not be very effective. If you have room behind you though, that would be different.

M

mlstark21

Audiophyte
I would recommend against it as well. Not sure driving that configuration with an AVR would be safe. You could do that if you have to cover multiple rows, and use external amplifiers. Which way is the layout going to be? Imo you don’t need to worry about .6 Atmos in a room that small. Plus, there are issues with some soundtracks using/not using either the middle pair, or the front and rear tops. Also, if you’re going to be seated against the back wall, a 7ch bed, and rear heights/tops will not be very effective. If you have room behind you though, that would be different.
thanks bud. it would be 2 rows of 2 and I just read the 6 height nightmare issues. rear row will be 3' off wall. how about using the four polk inwall as side surround? same signal but.....a right and left for front row , and a right and left for the rear row?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis