Difference between Sony OLEDS

K

Kfox1970

Junior Audioholic
I’m getting ready to replace my Samsung 55” SUHD with a 65”. I’ve narrowed it down to Sony. What is the difference between the A80J and the A9G master series. I’ve tried YT but this stuff gets very confusing to me.

K

Kfox1970

Junior Audioholic
Interesting. I was pretty well set on the A80J anyway but when I looked at Best Buy’s website this morning the A9G was more expensive so I wondered why. Now I’m wondering why it’s higher priced when it’s older technology. Guess it doesn’t matter. I’m getting the A80J anyway. Now after reading another thread I’m wondering if the 65” is big enough. Seating position is about 15’ away.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...I’m wondering if the 65” is big enough. Seating position is about 15’ away.
At 15' away, 85" wouldn't be big enough. You will be very comfortable with the largest size your budget allows. But, 65" is isn't really even big enough for a 8' viewing distance.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
At 15' away, 85" wouldn't be big enough. You will be very comfortable with the largest size your budget allows. But, 65" is isn't really even big enough for a 8' viewing distance.
Yeah I use a 55” and a 40” neither is big enough for a large room … 55” is fine up to 10 feet away .
65 id say same distance away .. but if you can afford larger go for it 70”+ is we’re it’s at but I’ve never had one that big . No space for it /: tiny rooms .. can’t even fit a 65” in my bedroom it’s way too small . Well I could it would take up whole wall almost on one half of room, there really had to angle threw a smaller door .

15 Feet is very far back , you may need 85” + or a projector screen…
65-75” is probably minimum size ..
A9g is really expensive but supposedly amazing . Right now I can’t Dream of affording one, i’m not really sure what the differences between the two models One is just higher quality? Or something if it’s even noticeable difference..
like 1 million times better than any TV I have.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
K

Kfox1970

Junior Audioholic
WeIl I ordered a 77” A80J yesterday. They were out of them in the store. Should be in Tuesday. I measured and it’s actually 13’ away. 77” is gonna just have to do. I couldn’t afford 85” and it wouldn’t fit anyway.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I sit about 12ft-13ft in family room. Would love 85" but didn't fit above fireplace, so settled on 77". I can't complain, while I might not notice the improvment of 4k, I definitly apprecaite the Dolby Vision HDR, color accuracy and motion control.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis