Did McDonald's Burgers get smaller this week?

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I am a grown man, but I still for some sick reason crave McDonalds once in a while. The wife and I picked some up earlier this week and thought man the double cheesburger and filet-o-fish really seem small. We ate at a different Mcdonalds in the K.C. area tonight hoping to see it was just one particular restaurant, but it was the same thing again. Has anyone else noticed this where your at. I could just be slowly going insane.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
If you think that is bad, you should come to India and see what McDonalds' and KFC server here, will make you cry for sure.

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Sorry Doug,

I guess that's just what you get for eating anywhere other than Arthur Bryant's in the KC area. Maybe now you have learned your lesson . . .

Pick up a 6 pack of Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat and drown your sorrows, then pick up some sweet-a** bbq, that's the best medicine KC can offer.

B

bobman1235

Audioholic Intern
Two things.

First, watch the movie "Supersize Me" sometime. It really puts the fast food industry in perspective. Esp McD's.

Second, INDIA? You could pay me to fly OVER India, let alone eat food there. Even at McDonalds.

:eek:

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I don't mind McDonald's. If I'm after quick beef, that's the place to go. But I did have their Filet-O-Fish just a week ago and it was the same size as it's always been.

"Supersize Me" is a joke. Let's see. I'll eat every meal at McDonald's then complain that they caused me to have health problems.

Duh.

cgk

cgk

Junior Audioholic
Supersize Me

If you don't like the movie, check out the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It explores many similar issues but is certainly not a joke. It is a well written, well researched exploration of the role of fast food in America. But even the author admits that it sure tastes good!

The best part of the DVD of Supersize Me was the additional material at the end where they left various fast foods under glass for months to see what happened. Nothing grows on McDonald's fries!

I just had my tonsils out and I'd kill to eat a McDonald's burger right now!

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
We've left McDonald's fries alone in our fridge and they've developed mold. Just like any other food. *shrugs* Granted I'm not getting millions from the government for this research either. ;)

B

bobman1235

Audioholic Intern
Shadow_Ferret said:
"Supersize Me" is a joke. Let's see. I'll eat every meal at McDonald's then complain that they caused me to have health problems.

Duh.
Haha. It IS a joke, and actually a pretty funny movie. BUT during the course of it they actually talk about other things aside from his moronic quest to kill himself with fast food, including how bad it truly is for you and how pervasive it is into the lives of kids that their parents don't even know about.

People who talk about McDonalds for a "quick burger".... it takes less than ten minutes to fire up your grille and make a burger. Keep a couple on hand in the freezer.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I had a chance to talk to my brother in Miami, and he said the burgers there are smaller now also. I don't know if McD's is doing this to make more money or because of the negative publicity they have received about people getting fat. If they are reducing portion sizes for weight control, they should lower the price of burgers (yeah, like that's going to happen). The whole getting fat thing is rediculous though. If I am fat, sure I could lose a few pounds, it is my own damn fault for eating too much and not getting enough exercise. I am getting so tired of peole trying to blame being fat on other people/restaurants. It's just like everything else is these days; people want to pass on the blame instead of fixing the problem. Pretty soon it's going to get to the point where you go to a restaurant and get a carrot, a couple of peas, and a crouton on a plate for $11 or something. I say bring on the fat and calories at restaurants. That's why I eat there. If I want a healthy meal, I'll stay home and eat. (Stepping off soapbox now)

Later,

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Well, my kid's get the Happy Meals and I haven't noticed a decrease in the burger size. And unless they're going to change the name, a 1/4 Pounder should still be a 1/4 Pounder.

All I know is they got rid of allowing us to "supersize" which pissed me off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis