Did I make the right decision? Paradigm help

Hunter21

Hunter21

Audioholic
For my home theater, I had a prestige 45c center and persona 3f, I found a paradigm signature 3c v3 at my audio shop for $900 and wanted to check if it would match my fronts better than my current setup due to the beryllium tweeter, the persona center is way to much money to justify it, so I wanted to see if any of you knew if the signature line would match it.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Hard to answer your question. You told us you once had a Prestige 45c and Persona 3F, but you didn’t tell us what speakers you have now.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sorry to tell you this, but my guess is that none of those speakers will be timbre-matched exactly. The good news is very very few center speakers actually have timbre-matching with the other speakers, and it doesn't seem to bother too many people, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hunter21

Hunter21

Audioholic
Hard to answer your question. You told us you once had a Prestige 45c and Persona 3F, but you didn’t tell us what speakers you have now.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I meant I would just be switching the center out to the signature C3 , but I would keep the front speakers as the persona 3f

Hunter21

Hunter21

Audioholic
Why aren't center speaker timbre matched, so your saying even if I did get the matching persona line center it wouldn't match the front?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Why aren't center speaker timbre matched, so your saying even if I did get the matching persona line center it wouldn't match the front?
The Persona center might match the front speakers. Not across the board at all frequencies though. If you compare measurements of Persona vs Prestige speakers, you can see they are not too much alike.

You might check out the Premier center speakers. I think they are probably better then the Prestige center.

Hunter21

Hunter21

Audioholic
Where can I see those measurements. I wanna check out the signature series c3 because that's what I want to replace my prestige series. My front speakers are the persona

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis