DenPureSound, a fellow Audioholic remembered

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't know if I should mention this. Some of you may remember DenPureSound (Dennis). In fact he made post only a few days ago on the B&W 802D thread.

He and I have been friends on the phone & emails for about a year. PENG and GranteedEV know him as well.

I'm sad to say this.

His wife just called me to let me know that DenPureSound has passed away this morning.

We will miss him.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sorry that you lost your friend this morning, and I feel for his family, too.

I know it was difficult for you to post that, and I appreciate you letting us know. I remember seeing him post just last week and thought it was good to hear from him again. He will be missed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Life is short.

Definitely need to enjoy family, friends, and everything else.

Spoil the people you love; and while you're at it, get something for yourself too.

DenPureSound was enjoying his new DefTech BP7001SC and Denon AVR-4311CI.

Hopefully he had a great life.

We will miss you, Dennis DenPureSound!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Life is short.

Definitely need to enjoy family, friends, and everything else.

Spoil the people you love; and while you're at it, get something for yourself too.

DenPureSound was enjoying his new DefTech BP7001SC and Denon AVR-4311CI.

Hopefully he had a great life.

We will miss you, Dennis DenPureSound!
Amen to all that. Sorry to hear that news.

DenPureSound was smart, opinionated, and persistent, like many of us :). I'll miss him too.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
In the end of the day Audio is hobby, remember to keep it as such...

Family and friends should always come first ...
I didn't know Denis personally , but for these whom did - It sucks to loose AH member and friend....
I'm sure where he went - he'll have the perfect sound

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
...man...DPS was an amusing guy....he'd always go drunken tirades and I think really wanted to interact with us people as much as anything.

RIP Dennis. You will be missed and I wish all the best for your surviving family. Life is short and we should try to live it to the limit and love it a lot.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Hate to read news like this. RIP

Geez..what happened? I like to automatically visualize people on forums as being happy(healthy) and enjoying the hobby.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
I dont know denpuresound but read his post. It just feel bad to hear news likr this. We all argue here or there in this hobby with our opinions and theories but im sure we have nothing against each other. It is suppose to be a social community.
Anyway RIP.
Just reminds not take things for granted specially family and friends and be good to people.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Sad to read this, I feel for all those that knew him and were close.
RIP Dennis

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
A sad day for me.. I was about to say hello when I saw his recent post, should have done so right there and then, so sorry......

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Crazy how quickly things can change. My condolences to his family and friends.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A sad day for me.. I was about to say hello when I saw his recent post, should have done so right there and then, so sorry......
Dennis and I would talk on the phone - both at work and at home.

Recently he had a heart attack. Had heart surgery. Been home a few weeks now. I thought he would have more time. Just yesterday, he said he was really tired. I told him to stop everything and just relax.

Then got a call from his wife today. I had a bad feeling. Sad. :(

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks to everyone for sharing your feelings and memories of Dennis Andersen.

Although we only knew each other for about a year and never met in person, Dennis was one of my best friends.

We spoke about speakers a few days ago. I told Dennis I was not sure if I should just get a used B&W 802N or a new 802D. I told him I had 3 Velodyne SC-600 IF/IC in the family room.

Dennis said I should go for a new 802 Diamond and also get another Velodyne SC-600 IF/IC to complete a set of four. I took his advice on both counts. :D

But Dennis last words to me were not about speakers and amps or anything material. He said, "Enjoy your family - your wife, beautiful 2 daughters. Your family and friends are everything that's important. Not speakers, subs, amps. Enjoy your family."

I will miss my buddy Dennis Andersen. :(

C

coilman

Audioholic Intern
Rip

always enjoyed reading his ops-i don't type much -- May God Bless his family and friends

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
RIP Dennis. Condolences to his friends and family.

I had exchanged a few pm's with Dennis, enjoyed talking to him and reading his posts.

S

SunnyD

Audioholic Intern
Damn... He was a picky and opininated bastard:) we exchanged quite a few pm's about the VGTs. I kept mine, he sent his back! ;) one of the final messages we shared was me saying "good luck with your quest" jokingly, and he replied without missing a beat "it is a journey for sure to find our PURESOUND". Talking about him and his wife. I know he's jamming to Lodi and Hotel Calif. on his ultimate system now.

Rip.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis