Denon's 1st round of new AVRs for 2012

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Well seems that Denon has released their new series of entry-mid level A/V Receivers.

Link to product line-up here.

Curious entries at the two upper level offerings.

The 1713 offers Audyssey XT and is 5.1
The 1913 only offers Audyssey MultiEQ but is 7.1 (or 5.1 and 2Z)

Like the front panel simplicity. Not liking the sub out only, but typical for this level of Denon.

This will leave many of us eagerly awaiting the CI line.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I really don't like the way the new Denons look, they are ugly if you ask me. The back panels of the low end models are very bare too, little to no legacy connections.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I really don't like the way the new Denons look, they are ugly if you ask me. The back panels of the low end models are very bare too, little to no legacy connections.
Agreed. Not a fan of the look. It seems like they are trying to get some of the minimal look of the Marantz line but failed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Butt ugly. That's what I think.:mad:

They are cutting cost again, I guess.

They need to have that drop-down door in front for the 3xxx & up.

The 3310 & 3311 had the door, but then the 3312 did not. I bet the 3313 won't either.

Can't wait to see the 4313!:eek:

They better keep the drop-down door and the dual knobs for volume & source!:D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm waiting to see the spec sheet on the 4520CI that will be replacing both the 4311CI and the 4810CI.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Seem to largely be a step down from the previous year. The 1713, for instance, drops all analog video inputs and 2 amp channels in exchange for a network port? It's also four pounds lighter.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Wow - another thing I just noticed. No AM radio tuners on the network connected Denons. Guess Denon does not want us listening to Right Wing Radio Shows or NPR?

With networked internet radio capability you can tune into what you want though.

Z

Ziontrain

Audioholic Intern
Agreed. Not a fan of the look. It seems like they are trying to get some of the minimal look of the Marantz line but failed.
I dont think its that deep. This seems to me similar looking to the redesign or Pioneer's receivers. Probably to suit the OEM that makes them all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I dont think its that deep. This seems to me similar looking to the redesign or Pioneer's receivers. Probably to suit the OEM that makes them all.
As long as they look like the Elite's dual knobs and drop-down door, they will look good. But they may not even have that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis