Denon X8500 Bench Test?

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
First, great site. While I have just registered I have read quite a lot of articles. It is a great asset. In particular I enjoy the bench tests. I have searched but did not see a Bench test of the X8500 and was wondering if I missed it or if there was a plan on Bench testing it. With all the work it looks like Denon put into their flagship receiver, it would be great to see what performance they achieved. I did read the great review by Theo. The only thing lacking is a bench test. What I find interesting is that I haven’t been able to find a bench test anywhere on this model. Does anyone know of any?
Similarly, I have searched for bench tests on the X6300/x6400/x6500 models as well here and elsewhere and have come up empty. If anyone knows of bench tests on these models I would be interested in those as well. Or are there bench tests available on the Marantz equivalent models?
Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately AVR/AVP/Amp bench tests are dying breed.

I don't know why. Maybe it's too much work and publications like S&V and Stereophile don't want to pay any more money on testing these components.

I have not heard any word that AH will be measuring the Denon X8500 or Marantz AV8805.

I think Gene is still working on the review for the Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis