Denon x4700h. Initial setup

T

Tim Corn

Audiophyte
Hi. I have setup two front speakers, center speaker, subwoofer, and two rear speakers. The confirmation sound came out of each speaker, but when I play something, no sound comes out of the center or the rear speakers. When I switch them in back of the amp they play, but are silent when hooked up where they should be. A friend mentioned that I’m in stereo mode and I need to be in stereo 5.1. A little advice would be appreciated. Thanks

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
To switch between sound modes, press the MUSIC button on the remote control. I think it is the red button on the X4700H remote control.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes you have to hold the button down for a bit, too. If you're listening to a 2ch source and want to upmix to 5.1 try the Dolby Surround upmixer, many seem to like it. You also have DTS' NeuralX and Auro3D upmixers I believe. You can also use a multich stereo setting which isn't a surround upmixer, it just repeats the L/R signal in each pair of speakers and sums it for the center (and if you have speakers set to small with crossovers in LFE mode then the sub should work via bass management as well). Be sure you have your surround hooked up as surrounds rather than rear surrounds, rear surrounds only come into play in 7.1.

ps If you use the pdf version of your manual start at page 142.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Sometimes you have to hold the button down for a bit, too. If you're listening to a 2ch source and want to upmix to 5.1 try the Dolby Surround upmixer, many seem to like it. You also have DTS' NeuralX and Auro3D upmixers I believe. You can also use a multich stereo setting which isn't a surround upmixer, it just repeats the L/R signal in each pair of speakers and sums it for the center (and if you have speakers set to small with crossovers in LFE mode then the sub should work via bass management as well). Be sure you have your surround hooked up as surrounds rather than rear surrounds, rear surrounds only come into play in 7.1.

ps If you use the pdf version of your manual start at page 142.
One of my pet peeves about my Denon4500 is the short amount of time (feels like 3 seconds) to decide which sound mode you like before the menu closes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis