SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern
I'm thinking of purchasing the Denon x3600h, I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up a 7 Channel external amplifier and still use internal amplifier for my four Atmos channels?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm thinking of purchasing the Denon x3600h, I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up a 7 Channel external amplifier and still use internal amplifier for my four Atmos channels?
Yes, that's totally possible. You could use Fronts, Center, Surrounds, Rear Surrounds on a seven channel external amp and the front and rear heights on the Denon 3600 internal amps.

You could also use an external stereo amp on fronts and the rest on the 3600. There are lots of options.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just use a 3-channel amp on the Front 3, and run the other speakers off the AVR.
3 Outlaw 2220s on the Front 3 would also be a nice choice. :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Just use a 3-channel amp on the Front 3, and run the other speakers off the AVR.
3 Outlaw 2220s on the Front 3 would also be a nice choice. :)
I was going to ask the OP what speakers he was trying to drive that he needed a 7 channel external amp. Unless they are a difficult load I like this recommendation

SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern
At the moment I have klipsch r-14m bookshelf x4, klipsch r-52c center, klipsch r-140sa atmos x2, svs PB-3000. When I purchase the X3600h I'll be purchasing svs prime pinnacles x2, svs prime bookshelf x4, svs prime elevation x4, and a second PB-3000

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
When I purchase the X3600h I'll be purchasing svs prime pinnacles x2, svs prime bookshelf x4, svs prime elevation x4, and a second PB-3000
Great Choice in Speakers.

JMO the 3600 and the Outlaws would be great. You could get 2 for your L/R and run all others from the 3600

And those Outlaw Monoblocks are awesome performers

SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern
I'll probably go 3ch external amplifier at least 200w/250w. The pinnacle handle 300w and the prime center 200w

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Click on the button that says "Show More Bundles"

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'll probably go 3ch external amplifier at least 200w/250w. The pinnacle handle 300w and the prime center 200w
Buying the Outlaws as a 3-channel bundle is probably one of the best values in amplification available. Uncertain if they are offering the deal right now...
If not, Outlaw usually does some good holiday sales. That's when I bought my 5 2200s at $300 each, shipped. :)

The pinnacle handle 300w and the prime center 200w
Just 'cos a speaker says it can handle that, doesn't mean you will ever use it!
1 watt into the Pinnacles will yield 88dB at 1 meter. And for every doubling of power, you will see a 3dB increase. At 256w, you could be experiencing ~112db at 1meter. So in a medium room with some boundary support, you are still going to be at, or just above, reference level dynamic peak of 105dB if you are sitting even 10' away.
That is movie theater loud.
and sustained exposure at that volume level isn't necessary and harmful. :)

That said, I'm all for having some dynamic headroom in your Amps and speakers. It means you are less likely to experience distortions in your listening even during the most intense scenes of your favorite movies... or if you turn up your favorite song for a few minutes. :)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis