B

Bastien_764

Enthusiast
Thank you for the feedback, this is one of those rare weird case. Hopefully you will be happy with your next one. May be you should try another Yamaha, though to get 11 channel processing you would need to pay much more, for the RX-A3080. Could you get a X4500H for the same price?
I bought the x3600h for really cheap ,799.00 CAD on boxing day sale. I will maybe wait for next time it drop at this price and try it again, if it does the same thing i will know that is normal and if it's better probably something was wrong with the first one. Maybe I will spend a little more money and take the X4500H(on sale) or wait for next year model.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the x3600h for really cheap ,799.00 CAD on boxing day sale. I will maybe wait for next time it drop at this price and try it again, if it does the same thing i will know that is normal and if it's better probably something was wrong with the first one. Maybe I will spend a little more money and take the X4500H(on sale) or wait for next year model.
So you do know the SR7013 had been down to $1199 a couple times last year right? If you can wait for that price or lower to return, it is the one to get, unless you can get the x4500h for less.

B

Bastien_764

Enthusiast
So you do know the SR7013 had been down to $1199 a couple times last year right? If you can wait for that price or lower to return, it is the one to get, unless you can get the x4500h for less.
I didn't check much about Marantz , I was looking more for Denon brand ,between x3600h and 4500h. But thanks for the information.

H

Heboil

Audiophyte
Looking for some info on listening to music (ripped FLAC or hi res FLAC). I have music on a media server connected through HDMI. When playing, my info shows me it is PCM. If I take the same music and drop it on a USB stick and plug into the front, the info displays as FLAC... or if I am using HEOS, it will show sample rate and bit depth too.

Not taking into effect that I run Audyssey when I listen to music (knocking it down to 48 kHz for hi res), will running PCM vs FLAC sound different? I want the processing of the DAC in the Denon. I know FLAC is lossless PCM, but somehow I still think it would be advantageous to have the FLAC decoded instead of the PCM. In both of these scenarios, I'm still getting digital signal to the Denon.

As an aside, I can't set up my Windows 10 networking with HEOS properly so it would be USB stick or from my phone at the moment.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis