Denon X3500H connect to sub

B

Brodie1877

Audiophyte
Need help! Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 connection to Denon X3500H.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi and welcome. Huh what exactly are you trying to do? This it?

9CA00929-5E26-4E12-8FCC-B0F11A5770FC.jpeg

Plug the cable where it say LFE. Gain leave it in the middle. Low pass leave it at 80. Phase leave it at 0. Then run the AVR mic!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Plug the cable where it say LFE. Gain leave it in the middle. Low pass leave it at 80. Phase leave it at 0. Then run the AVR mic!

Just in case the LFE input on the sub doesn't automatically bypass the low pass filter, you should just set it to max. At 80 it will likely cascade/conflict the low pass filter from the avr.

OP:

Start with a sub crawl if you can to determine a reasonably good placement for the sub.

Use sub pre-out 1 from the Denon to the sub. LFE input on sub. Phase 0 if placed close to front speakers is a good start. The gain setting varies with sub, avr manual generally suggests a midway point in its adjustment, but could well need to only be at 1/4 - 1/3 range with several of the subs with plate amps I've used. Run the Audyssey/setup routine. If after Audyssey runs, the Subwoofer Level in the avr is indicated as -12 that indicates you've set your gain too high on the sub, lower the gain on the sub then re-run Audyssey....aim anywhere between -11.5 and 0 would be my recommendation.

After Audyssey finishes if the avr sets any speaker to large change it to small (or the sub can't be used, large essentially means do not use bass management for this channel, small means use bass management for this channel). I'd generally up crossovers to 80hz to start even if avr suggested a lower setting, but don't lower suggested crossovers.

B

Brodie1877

Audiophyte

View attachment 36287
Soooooooo. I did all that and now I’m wondering if something is wrong with the sub? I ran Audyssey and it ran its test, in which when it got to the sub it tells me to turn the volume up to 75db? It won’t go past 62. The sound that comes out during the test is like a very very very faint dying frog.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You set the gain to full on the sub and no louder than 62dB? Wow, almost sounds like insufficient pre-out level for that sub amp but the Denons usually do just fine on pre-out level (think this one was measured to go well above 2V which should be plenty). It could be a problem with the sub's amp. Got anything else you can test the sub with?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis