Denon x3500h Atmos input to 7.2.0 Output???

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Hey everyone. I'm getting Atmos input from my ROKU into my receiver. The Signal Says, Dolby Atmos - DD+
The receiver knows I'm using the speakers as 7.2 and not 5.2.2
so does that mean I'm good to go? Thought atmost was only for height speakers or atmos reflection speakers.
X3500H-Atmos-2480px.jpg
using the DD+

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Atmos IS only good for that, but the AVR just leaves the metadata folded into the bed layer. So yes, it looks good.

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Atmos IS only good for that, but the AVR just leaves the metadata folded into the bed layer. So yes, it looks good.
Thank you! After owning a Roku for over two years I just realized yesterday that the output was set to stereo. All 5.1 I thought I was getting before was upmixed from stereo pcm!!!! So excited for the real thing.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you! After owning a Roku for over two years I just realized yesterday that the output was set to stereo. All 5.1 I thought I was getting before was upmixed from stereo pcm!!!! So excited for the real thing.
That’s a double edged sword. Good that you finally got it figured out, but bad because it took two years!!!!! Been there done that. Glad ya got it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis