Denon X2700 or X3700 for my 5.1 setup

G

grantk73

Audiophyte
My Nad t744 died after 16 years. Time to upgrade.
I’m deciding between the denon x2700 vs x3700.
Is the extra $400 worth it for Audessey XT32? I have B&W 602.S3 LCR and M1 surrounds and B&W CC with Velodyne sub. as my 5.1 setup.

I realize the x2700 is enough power for my setup just wondering if it’s worth it for the XT32 calibration. I do want a good system for music and home theater

I may add 2 ceiling-speakers but not right away

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not just XT32 but the 3700 also has pre-outs, has 9ch of amplification instead of just 7, and can also with an external amp process 11. Having both XT and XT32 avrs, I'd prefer the XT32 plus those other features.....whether you do or not, don't know. The basic power per channel is very similar tho. Keep in mind it takes a doubling of power to gain 3 dB spl, which isn't a lot, and the difference between these two is less than one half dB.....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My Nad t744 died after 16 years.
You did great. :D

What's another $400 for the next 16 years (hopefully)?:D

You're not going to get a unanimous vote that XT32 is worth $400.

For example, I don't use Room EQ at all, so they are all "worthless" to me. :D

But for others, XT32 may be worth $1200. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Side by side comparison of features and connections. Having certain capabilities and ports is priceless.;)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Something doesn't seem right, why are they now cheaper on the Canadian website?

CAD1199 for the 3700 and CAD849 for the 2700
AVR-X3700H (denon.com)

US website: USD 1799 for the 3700 and USD 1299 for the 2700
Home Theater & Stereo Receivers | Denon

OP, you should try and see if you can buy it from Canada. USD to CAD is about 1.23
I think their website might have been hacked but may be worth giving them a call to find out what's going on.

Also, the Canadian site still has the comparison tool I mentioned before but I could no longer find that on the US website. Strange..

1623423935655.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the additional features in the 3700 are worth the extra $400. Not just for XT32, but the additional channels and processing as well, tho XT32 is a big one for me. It does a really good job with my subwoofers.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You did great. :D

What's another $400 for the next 16 years (hopefully)?:D

You're not going to get a unanimous vote that XT32 is worth $400.

For example, I don't use Room EQ at all, so they are all "worthless" to me. :D

But for others, XT32 may be worth $1200. :D
This is the way to look at it. $400 over the next few years is nothing. You may not "need" the additional features, but for not that much you'll have them just in case.

G

grantk73

Audiophyte
Thanks everyone for you inputs!! Looks like the $400 is worth the extra features/future proofing

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks everyone for you inputs!! Looks like the $400 is worth the extra features/future proofing
Just keep in mind generally the "future" for an avr has been only a few years at a time :) Just depends on what you want it to do to a great extent and usually audio is the least affected these days.

ps And hard to imagine even more than 4k advantages let alone 8k.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis