Denon up for Sale - Best Buy and Kenwood Bidding

D

Dave Moritz

Audiophyte
I can not believe that D&M Holdings is up for sale. But one thing is for certain is that I would rather see the current owners of brands like Denon, Marantz, Snell, McIntosh, Boston Acoustics, Escient go to a company like Harman International than Best Buy or Kenwood. I can see brands like Denon, Marantz and McIntosh being totally ruined by Best Buy and Kenwood! :(

And even if Best Buy was to buy D&M Holdings I do not think anyone would ever see a McIntosh product in a Best Buy store. There are to many people that shop at Best Buy that just want the cheapest thing they can buy. And I do not see any of them seeing the very expensive McIntosh brand and saying to themselves, "dam I have to own that!" The sad fact is that Best Buy could theoretically force McIntosh to make cheap flashy junk for there stores. That is something that McIntosh is not about and something they have never done in there history. I also do not wish to see Denon dragged down to the level of Kenwood. If that was to happen I would avoid Denon and Marantz if ether company Best Buy or Kenwood got there hands on D&M and caused product quality to suffer. I would end up running to Onkyo and buying there home theater oven. Makes me wish I was filthy frakkin rich so I could buy D&M and keep them from being potentially flushed down the toilet.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The thought of Kenwood buying Denon just blows my mind. That's like Hyundai buying Rolls Royce....:eek:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
And even if Best Buy was to buy D&M Holdings I do not think anyone would ever see a McIntosh product in a Best Buy store. There are to many people that shop at Best Buy that just want the cheapest thing they can buy. And I do not see any of them seeing the very expensive McIntosh brand and saying to themselves, "dam I have to own that!" The sad fact is that Best Buy could theoretically force McIntosh to make cheap flashy junk for there stores. That is something that McIntosh is not about and something they have never done in there history. I also do not wish to see Denon dragged down to the level of Kenwood. If that was to happen I would avoid Denon and Marantz if ether company Best Buy or Kenwood got there hands on D&M and caused product quality to suffer. I would end up running to Onkyo and buying there home theater oven. Makes me wish I was filthy frakkin rich so I could buy D&M and keep them from being potentially flushed down the toilet.
Magnolia already sells mcintosh, and i dont believe best buy can pull the deal off. Best Buy has attempted to enter into higher end and custom installation, but seem to be failing at both. Ive gone into their Magnolia store on numerous occasions only to be completely ignored. Unless their level of training goes up and they exit from inside the "best buy stores" into free standing locations, the consumer they are going after will look else where. As for kenwood owning the group, it could be a viable purchase, and i wouldnt look for dumbing down among any of the bidders. If it does go to a majority ownership you could see divisions sold or restructured to stand on their own.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I don't see any press release that claims that - do you have a link? In any case, a press release may deny it, but it likely has nothing to do with whether or not a 49% shareholder wants to sell its shares (which seems to be the case).
I think what the previous poster was referring to is the last two press release entries on Denon's site here. It doesn't necessary tell you anything, except that "recent press reports concerning the potential sale of D&M shares is not based on any information provided by the company.", which is ambiguous at best... -TD

lbundle

lbundle

Enthusiast
Any update?

It's almost 10 days now. Has there been any update on the sale?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis