Denon, Sony or Onkyo Receivers. The best one.

T

tomasml

Audiophyte
Hi, I want to get a new receiver, i'm looking for a great sound like Creative SoundBaster PC Card does. I like the good sound and power, but more quality than power. I have 3 brands of receiver: Sony, Denon and Onkyo. What of these Make of receiver are the best for my requirement. I notice that Onkyo thas somes HDMI problems but not sure.

My budget is between 600 and 1200 US$.

Well I wiil be watting for your response. Thanks.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
In stock with free shipping.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All three brands deliver very good sound quality, which models do you have or are considering? Onkyo's hdmi/network board issues were particularly with models from 2009-2012 (and they extended warranty for several years to take care of the issue so if you're buying used it would be good to know if they were taken care of under the warranty or not). Then again hdmi is not the greatest thing either, and there can simply be things like handshake issues when you have certain combinations of gear, but hard to anticipate what combo could be an issue.

More important to the good sound are the speakers/subs you will use.....what speakers are you using? Are you looking for 2ch or surround sound receivers?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would stick with Denon or Yamaha. Onkyo seems to be defunct, so I would be super wary of what they have out there these days.

Sony just seems to be so-so with their sound and amplification section. They certainly aren't a first choice product of enthusiasts. Maybe this isn't deserved, but it is certainly the case.

Denon seems to be one of the most well loved brands, but I've seen their share of blunders over the years, which are not the same issues I've had with Yamaha. But, I do believe that Denon has a better amplification section.

A

AudioSidds

Enthusiast
I agree with BMXTRIX , if if you can swing it take a hard look at Denon. I have just switched to AVR-X3700H after 20years using Yamaha AVs....and I'm very impressed with it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In stock with free shipping.

This gets my vote too! Fantastic receiver and right in the sweet spot for price/performance ratio.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis