DENON SALES SUPPORT

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
Anyone here ever buy from Denon direct? I have been trying for DAYS to get through to sales to get a return authorization on my AVR which i want to return. I waited for an hour multiple times before hanging up.... chat told me i can only return through sales.. and get this.. they are closed for lunch for an hour.. nobody answers, just music, no callbacks, no estimated times.. terrible terrible support. No email response. chat told me the people that answer the phones answer the emails.. if they are so backed up, why does the entire staff break for lunch (Maybe its only 1 person)..

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Anyone here ever buy from Denon direct? I have been trying for DAYS to get through to sales to get a return authorization on my AVR which i want to return. I waited for an hour multiple times before hanging up.... chat told me i can only return through sales.. and get this.. they are closed for lunch for an hour.. nobody answers, just music, no callbacks, no estimated times.. terrible terrible support. No email response. chat told me the people that answer the phones answer the emails.. if they are so backed up, why does the entire staff break for lunch (Maybe its only 1 person)..
Is it defective? If not, I wouldn't expect them to accept a return but I haven't looked at their policies about this.

Call at 10AM or 4PM- that seems to be the best times when I have called.

BTW- if you think ANY company is back to normal, lose that idea- nobody is back to normal, for anything.

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
Is it defective? If not, I wouldn't expect them to accept a return but I haven't looked at their policies about this.

Call at 10AM or 4PM- that seems to be the best times when I have called.

BTW- if you think ANY company is back to normal, lose that idea- nobody is back to normal, for anything.
Understood.. i have been lenient in my approach and thoughtful of that. I have called and emailed, waited for hours.. there are excuses, then there is common sense. The chat person told me they were hiring more staff.. but why would you close sales from 1-2 for lunch? is that a good strategy if you have more than 1 person on the phones? wouldn't you stagger lunch? wouldn't you upgrade your phone system to do call backs? or let the waiting person know what # in the queue you are in? This isn't the covid hot line.. its sales.. to me, its poor management..

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
Why are you needing to return it?
AVR-S960H - ongoing problems with swapping sources. going from AppleTv, to xbox, PS4, Directv, BlueRay, Projector (2nd HDMI out).. current firmware doesnt help.. My old sony swapped no problem every time..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They may want you to use their own technical support first....or maybe start there and see if they can't write it up or other shortcut to a human....

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
They may want you to use their own technical support first....or maybe start there and see if they can't write it up or other shortcut to a human....
Unless they can read my mind, they dont even know i want to return something. I am calling sales, not tech support. Im returning it, period, no one answers the SALES line.. think about that, i could be calling to buy something and I STILL NO ONE ANSWERS.

Dont get me wrong, i love Denon.. i will replace with an "X" version.. i just want them to answer the phone or email..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Unless they can read my mind, they dont even know i want to return something. I am calling sales, not tech support. Im returning it, period, no one answers the SALES line.. think about that, i could be calling to buy something and I STILL NO ONE ANSWERS.

Dont get me wrong, i love Denon.. i will replace with an "X" version.. i just want them to answer the phone or email..
Clearly calling sales has produced nothing but frustration. Is there a reason for not calling tech support? If anything perhaps they can put you through to the proper department?

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
Clearly calling sales has produced nothing but frustration. Is there a reason for not calling tech support? If anything perhaps they can put you through to the proper department?
I did via chat.. they told me i have to talk to sales. When i tried via phone i was transferred and put on hold in the same way. I asked for escalation process or management and they did not have that

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You talked to tech support, they couldn't solve your problem and still referred you to sales? Odd. Are you sure you're operating the gear correctly?

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
You talked to tech support, they couldn't solve your problem and still referred you to sales? Odd. Are you sure you're operating the gear correctly?
I think you misinterpreted my issue. I want to return it, period. Its within the 60 day window, and have already replaced it with an upgraded Denon bought from an authorized reseller. This should be a simple situation.. If i bought it from Amazon, (for example) i wouldn't have wasted several hours of my life.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do they have a satisfaction guarantee type return for up to 60 days? Did you buy a refurb or new unit?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you work for or have any affiliation with Denon?
No. Just determining if your rant is properly based....not what we do much for new guys like you particularly....

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
No. Just determining if your rant is properly based....not what we do much for new guys like you particularly....
The purpose of the email was that hopefully someone in the forum could assist in contacting them other than the standard process. I did get a decent suggestion to call at opening or closing.. The other purpose was to let people know that if you buy from Denon, and have to contact Support to return an item, you may encounter some significant time wasting efforts. I think that is important for people to know. You dont go into buying a product thinking you will return something, but if you have to, you certainly don't want to be treated this way.(Why do most people love Costco?) I felt this was the right spot to post, new or not, as we should call out companies who are both great, and need some help. I researched this forum quite a bit before i bought, so i respect your thoughts and comments.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The purpose of the email was that hopefully someone in the forum could assist in contacting them other than the standard process. I did get a decent suggestion to call at opening or closing.. The other purpose was to let people know that if you buy from Denon, and have to contact Support to return an item, you may encounter some significant time wasting efforts. I think that is important for people to know. You dont go into buying a product thinking you will return something, but if you have to, you certainly don't want to be treated this way.(Why do most people love Costco?) I felt this was the right spot to post, new or not, as we should call out companies who are both great, and need some help. I researched this forum quite a bit before i bought, so i respect your thoughts and comments.
Keep in mind covid has had a large effect on "normal". Customer service is lacking with many at this time....

highfigh

highfigh

Understood.. i have been lenient in my approach and thoughtful of that. I have called and emailed, waited for hours.. there are excuses, then there is common sense. The chat person told me they were hiring more staff.. but why would you close sales from 1-2 for lunch? is that a good strategy if you have more than 1 person on the phones? wouldn't you stagger lunch? wouldn't you upgrade your phone system to do call backs? or let the waiting person know what # in the queue you are in? This isn't the covid hot line.. its sales.. to me, its poor management..
The message about closing for lunch is an old message that they have used for a long time. I don't like it when I make tech support calls, but I have to work around it. They're not working in the office- almost nobody is, at this point. We can blather on about what they do and why, but we aren't the ones setting the hours, telling the customer and tech support people to work from home.

Did you send an e-mail to myorder@denon.com for a return authorization, or to a different address?

highfigh

highfigh

Do they have a satisfaction guarantee type return for up to 60 days? Did you buy a refurb or new unit?
Returns are accepted up to 60 days, according to the 'Returns' link on their site. The whole policy is in detail.

highfigh

highfigh

If you think this has been bad, try selling something on Ebay and finding that their 'Calculate shipping' is terribly inaccurate and that they will deduct money from your bank account for the difference which, in reality, doesn't exist. I just got off the fourth call about one item that sold for more than $100 less than I wanted as a minimum, then I received an e-mail this morning stating that they were going to take another $20+ for the difference. When I was talking to the first person, I was told that the difference was due to the size being set at 1"x1"x1". I checked and the cost was the same as when using the actual size, so they shouldn't need to charge extra. They're still going to take the money within 3 days, but now, I have to wait up to 7 days for a refund IF they find in my favor. That's what I get for using fleabay. The details about selling price aren't on the page when setting it up, it's damn near impossible to find and they just say "That's the way it is" and all for the low, low price of paying 12.35% for the sale. If I wanted to set a reserve price, it costs another 7.5%, for a total of 19.85% + 30 cents.

V

vfz

Audioholic Intern
The message about closing for lunch is an old message that they have used for a long time. I don't like it when I make tech support calls, but I have to work around it. They're not working in the office- almost nobody is, at this point. We can blather on about what they do and why, but we aren't the ones setting the hours, telling the customer and tech support people to work from home.

Did you send an e-mail to myorder@denon.com for a return authorization, or to a different address?
5 times.. they have never answered to date. I finally got through to a person after hours and hours of calling and they promised me an RMA in my email in 24 hours.. that was 11 days ago. And still no RMA email.. and to follow up on that, i haven't been able to get through on the phone since... and sent several emails... without answers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis