Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Picture of the family room. Sorry - forgot to get rid of the situp bench. Need to get rid of this beer gut somehow!

Attachments

Last edited:
Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice setup, at least for a Buckeye fan. :) I'm always happy when the Buckeyes beat the Wolverines in football. :D

You mention in your signature that you have a Syntax Olevia LCD HDTV. Which one? How long have you had it and how it the picture quality compared to the major brands like Sharp and Samsung? Thanks.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Rycher,

I like your website. You have a beautiful family. Interesting how our lives change so much with the addition of kids! I also own my own business and juggle the importance of construction with my love of A/V. I'd like to brain the guy who designed the cabinet of my entertainment center. Has no ventilation! The furniture takes a beating with my two kids climbing all over it. TG its leather and can take a beating - at least for a few years!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Duffinator said:
Nice setup, at least for a Buckeye fan. :) I'm always happy when the Buckeyes beat the Wolverines in football. :D

You mention in your signature that you have a Syntax Olevia LCD HDTV. Which one? How long have you had it and how it the picture quality compared to the major brands like Sharp and Samsung? Thanks.
I know people label us as "lucky" when we won over the Hurricanes, but they play dirty. We are not that great of a team, so we'll take the win.

The two Syntax models I have are the 20" and 32". I bought the 20" on a whim b/c I wanted a good PC monitor but didn't want to spend the dough on a $700 Sony. I love them. They are as good as the new JVC's or Sony's out, but a lot cheaper.

http://www.syntaxgroups.com/products/32inch_productd.html

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Buckeye, do you have your small Polks sitting on top of your floorstanders? What's the benefit of that?

And you must not play your music very loud to have plants sitting on top like that. ;)

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Yeah are those extra speakers or something ? Nice rig !!!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Nice setup!

Happy about beating the Wolverines?! NEVER! GO BLUE!

Heh, at least OSU isn't as bad as MSU...

At the big football game this year (which we won in TRIPLE OVER TIME!1@#@$),they burned a couch in main street. People from that school are such destructive pyros...

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Shadow_Ferret said:
Buckeye, do you have your small Polks sitting on top of your floorstanders? What's the benefit of that?

And you must not play your music very loud to have plants sitting on top like that. ;)
Yeah, I have my 6th and 7th speaker sitting on top of them right now. My current surrounds are FXi3 dipoles mounted on the walls. I need to get stands to go behind the loveseat for the RTi4's. They're actually hooked up. The plants havent fallen...yet, but I've knocked a few photos down. I'm shopping for a new sub, so the plants will have to come down. Appreciate all the kind words. As far as the Buckeyes go, we're just glad to see Maurice Clarette gone. What a thorn he's been for us.

Attachments

W

Willow

Audioholic Intern
Nice set up, the only thing is why is your main facing the ceiling and not you?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Willow said:
Nice set up, the only thing is why is your main facing the ceiling and not you?
Tried it both ways. Read an article in Sound and Vision Mag that said if your center is over 5' in the air, the sound is going over your head. Aiming it at the ceiling actually bounces it down and the voices are 100% better. I couldn't believe it either. I emailed a tech at Polk and he said that is absolutely true. Drivers are supposed to be at ear level. Mine is so high I was compensating by boosting the db of the center, when all I had to do was use a wall (ceiling). Looks crazy, but whatever works, right?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Tried it both ways. Read an article in Sound and Vision Mag that said if your center is over 5' in the air, the sound is going over your head. Aiming it at the ceiling actually bounces it down and the voices are 100% better. I couldn't believe it either. I emailed a tech at Polk and he said that is absolutely true. Drivers are supposed to be at ear level. Mine is so high I was compensating by boosting the db of the center, when all I had to do was use a wall (ceiling). Looks crazy, but whatever works, right?

Yes, but I got a couple questions.

Could you prop up the rear of the center in order to focus the sound down to your location?

Can you notice any "smearing" of the sound (small movements of your head results in changes in the sound)?

How is the imaging (the sound location versus the visual signals)?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis