Denon New '13 IN-Command Series Receivers Preview

D

dcolehome

Audiophyte
HDMI to Zone 2

Great improvement on the AVR-3313-CI and why I'm so very dissappointed with the AVR-3312-CI. Good thing I bought a refurbished unit and didn't pay full price. I then had to buy an Onkyo stereo for the outside Zone 2 speakers when we want to listen to great sound while watching an outdoor TV.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ought oh. The 3313 is starting to come in stock. Luckily Amazon doesn't have it (except third party merchants), yet. My financial sphincter is growing weak.

K

Kartsi

Audiophyte
All this article should say about the 3312 is "HDMI over Zone 2. That is all you need to know."

Seriously. This is ridiculously awesome news! WHY has it taken this long?!
Hi this is all new to me and i am just in the process of buying an amp for the 1st time. Does this mean that i can hook up a TV and 5.1 speakers in 2 rooms?

In other words if i have 1 room i usually use with family and my man cave in the next room, i can use this amp to power different sets of speakers (each connected to seperate TV's of course) as long as it is not all at once?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hello Kartsi and welcome to the forum.

No this does not work exactly like you are describing. The Zone 2 HDMI is an HDMI output so you would have to plug this into another HDMI input on another device (another receiver, tv, prepro) and then use that to then drive another amp. Think of it more as a HDMI matrix output. I would also read the fine detail to see if it will pass a 5.1 signal.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Ought oh. The 3313 is starting to come in stock. Luckily Amazon doesn't have it (except third party merchants), yet. My financial sphincter is growing weak.
Amazon has them now about $1,199.00, I want one Bad. I have to wait a month or two.My home A/C just hit my Visa ...Hard.:mad: Let us know if you have a weak moment and go for one.:)

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Hello Kartsi and welcome to the forum.

No this does not work exactly like you are describing. The Zone 2 HDMI is an HDMI output so you would have to plug this into another HDMI input on another device (another receiver, tv, prepro) and then use that to then drive another amp. Think of it more as a HDMI matrix output. I would also read the fine detail to see if it will pass a 5.1 signal.
??? I thought I could run a second room HD 5.1 from this new Denon? I need to read the manual for it on the Denon site.

K

kmpurc56

Audiophyte
3313ci

Is the discrete watts per channel the same as all channels driven?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's still just a parametric EQ. Overlapping curves of varying widths is fine for correcting large peaks, but it's never going to be precise enough to correct the entire frequency range. It's especially useless at higher frequencies where a parametric EQ is far too coarse and winds up affecting far too many neighboring frequencies, and yet Yamaha continues to insist on using YPAO to try and correct the entire frequency range.
That maybe on paper but I wonder how big the difference is in day to day life, considering that most adults over 40 can't hear beyond 13K ?

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Is the discrete watts per channel the same as all channels driven?
If it does it will suprise me. Most AVR get close on 2 channel stereo but when playing Bluray and driving all amps there is usuall a drop in power to each amp. Seveal forums do a bench test on AVR and I noticed this.several years ago on my Yamaha RX-V2400 I purchased new in 2003. I twas rated 120WPC X7 and it bench tested a 70% of that when all 7 were pushed hard. I have Klipsch speakers and they just don't require a lot of power to play loud. One of the reason's I have not sold the big old boxs and purchased a high tech cool looking towers that are so popular now.

J

Jeo92109

Audiophyte
Any update on your experiences with the 3313?

I'm new to the site and was following the thread and noticed the last post was a few months back... Has anyone got the 3313, thoughts? I've found it for less than 900 and I'd like to use it to Multizone my house...

Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis