Denon/Marantz vs Yamaha vs Anthem Thread

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
FTFY. :p

To a certain extent I'm kidding.
But the 2020 Denon and Marantz receivers do actually have functioning HDMI 2.1. It might not be perfect, but it does work.
The 2021 Yamahas are still locked down.

If you don't need the functionality, cool. Nothing wrong with that. But you still have a year old machine that isn't operating as advertised. *shrugs

I've been hoping they fix it and move on. Cheering for that, dare I say. So far, Yamaha is pulling an Emotiva on that one.
For me at least, I don't have a need for HDMI 2.1. I recently purchased an Xbox Series X but have it hooked up to my new Sony TV upstairs. My JVC NX5 doesn't have 2.1 or 120hz. But I will eventually bring it down and hook it up. Graphics will still look amazing. I don't play the massive first person shooter games so doesn't bother me not having 2.1 in the theater yet.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
As I don't own an AVR and hopefully never will. This argument is somewhat pointless or is that painless

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As I don't own an AVR and hopefully never will. This argument is somewhat pointless or is that painless
This thread doesn't say "AVR".

It's about the COMPANY/BRAND. So it can be about their AVR, AVP, Integrated Amps, etc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This thread doesn't say "AVR".

It's about the COMPANY/BRAND. So it can be about their AVR, AVP, Integrated Amps, etc.
He said something similar in the Encore T6 thread too. I'm wondering if his computer or tablet is not displaying some of the text on his screen because he doesn't seem to be comprehending the thread titles, topics or articles...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis