Welly Wu

Welly Wu

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've got the Denon DVD 2900 and I love it but I am also seriously obsessed with the Denon DVD 5900 (and audio equipment too). &nbsp;Can I ask you when the street price of either a new or used DVD 5900 will be around $1000 USD? &nbsp;How much will my DVD 2900 be worth come May or June 2004? &nbsp;I'd really appreciate the opinions of Audioholics members since we are pursuing the truth in audio.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Not soon enough to suit me!
&nbsp; Maybe never, unfortunately. &nbsp;The trend with the Denons is usually to lower the prices about 2/3 of the way thru the lifecycle of a product, and then usually only 25%-35%. &nbsp;My gut feeling is that $1300-$1500 might be the best price we ever see from an authorized dealer.

But I sure would love to be wrong!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Welly Wu

Welly Wu

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Mr. Babcock:

Thanks for your reply. &nbsp;Though authorized Denon e-commerce retailers may not want to dip below the $1300 USD mark for a new Denon DVD 5900, that is not to say I could pick up a used one off of either audio / video -gon for under $1000 USD in the next several months, no? &nbsp;Do you think that May 2004 would be the right time frame when someone might post an advertisement for the said unit at the said price?

I open this question to all who want to speculate.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah, that's true. &nbsp;Hell with all the bellyaching here about the '5900s quirks, you might be able to buy one here real cheap!

Also, there's a really good chance you may be able to get a refurbished one. &nbsp;There's a vendor called eCost.com that has a lot of refurb'ed Denon stuff. &nbsp;My friends and I have probably bought half a dozen Denon refurbs there over the years and have had good luck. &nbsp;The downside is that it's a crap shoot as to what they'll have at any given time. &nbsp;And if you miss buying when you get the chance, they'll often sell out quickly and be out of new stock for several months.

Still, I bought a couple of Denon CD players there for about 1/3 of new MSPR, as well as a Denon CD-R deck. &nbsp;All arrived in good shape, not necessarily as-new, but certainly nice enough.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis