Denon DVD-5900 Contrast Bug

G

<font color='#000000'>Thats odd, when I went to Secrets I found a 1 page review of the 2900 and 5900 and a benchmark comparision of all players but no measurements indicating proper outputs at 0/100IRE. &nbsp;

In fact, according to their Benchmark comparision:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin....&mpeg=0

The DVD-2900 played black/white levels flawlessly as quoted below in their article:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Black and white levels are well within spec, as is chroma delay. Responsiveness navigating through menus and skipping chapters is lightning fast.</td></tr></table>

I see no measurements in their article to indicate how they arrived at this conclusion. &nbsp;Perhaps I didn't look hard enough as their site is a bit tricky to navigate through. &nbsp;Any ideas?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I got my information directly from Kris Deering and he stated that the white output on the 2900 is a little hot compared to the 5900. &nbsp;As far as the retraction goes, I reread the article and there only mention that you have is that when the display is set to 0IRE is now matches the 2900, but you still have a link to the &quot;contrast bug&quot; on your main 5900 page. &nbsp;Also, someone from your site posted at AVS that there was a contrast bug in the 5900 and no one has gone back there to retract the statement there. &nbsp;My biggest beef is that your testing measurements were flawed from the start because it was assumed that the 2900 was correct, which it is not. &nbsp;Why not an article on a 2900 contrast bug now? &nbsp;That would be more accurate.

Dave</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Our testing methodology was verified by Milori. Our DVD-5900 review is due out shortly and will fully address our findings. Remember, that article was a preview and we updated it to correct our revised findings based on the 0IRE setting.

We haven't revisited AVS to post an addendum because honestly, it just didn't occur to us. If you are concerned that the correct information isn't getting out then feel free to post a link over to our completed review or this thread at your leisure. Thanks so much...</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis