denon avrhd-4 intel display driver

P

pfm555

Audiophyte
i recently purchased a denon avr-x4400h. i have a windows 10 computer connected to aux 2 input and dish network hopper 3 connected to cbl/sat input by hdmi. i have a Samsung un65ks9000f connected via hdmi to the denon monitor 1 arc. my issue is with the intel display driver (the name of the driver appears as denon avrhd-4 intel display driver.) I have the driver configured in the sound panel to 5.1. the driver reverts to stereo..this seems to occur when i change from the aux 2 input to the cbl/sat input and then back to the aux 2. To get the driver to revert back where all the surround formats are available in the configuration i have to reboot the computer, uninstall and reinstall the driver, reboot again. this is not an instant fix. the driver will still show stereo only. after a period of time it reverts on its own to showing all the surround formats again. i do not know what happens to make it revert. the intel drive also has affected the realtek driver that was installed before the denon. in the settings it says it is working properly but there is no sound and the configuration is greyed out. all firmware and software on all devices are up to date. any help would be appreciated

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is a PC issue for sure. I've used intel display and Denon for years without issues, but with intel you never know what'll happen when they update their drivers.

The best thing you can do is try a different driver version than what you are using. One of them is bound to work properly.

That, or there is an EDID issue and the handshake isn't working properly enough to let the intel driver know what formats your receiver supports. Maybe a different HDMI cable or input on the receiver may help? Still probably the intel drivers acting up though.

P

pfm555

Audiophyte
Thanks for the response. Not quite sure how to download a different driver. i have uninstalled numerous times and the driver that is reinstalled has same issues. there is not an option to rollback to a previous driver in the properties. If you have a way please let me know. i spoke with a guy from intel. He did not have a solution. he did not even know what EDID was. He could not tell me how i could delete and get another drive either. Spoke with 3 different people at Denon's technical support and not one of them knew anything about a driver. They didn't even know that a Denon driver existed. On Sunday after posting i unplugged everything and let set for 10 minutes which was a suggestion in AVS forum Denon owners thread. It has not reverted back so far. Hopefully it stays.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the response. Not quite sure how to download a different driver. i have uninstalled numerous times and the driver that is reinstalled has same issues. there is not an option to rollback to a previous driver in the properties. If you have a way please let me know. i spoke with a guy from intel. He did not have a solution. he did not even know what EDID was. He could not tell me how i could delete and get another drive either. Spoke with 3 different people at Denon's technical support and not one of them knew anything about a driver. They didn't even know that a Denon driver existed. On Sunday after posting i unplugged everything and let set for 10 minutes which was a suggestion in AVS forum Denon owners thread. It has not reverted back so far. Hopefully it stays.
Denon doesn't need drivers of any sort, just the intel graphics.

You can download any driver you want from intel's site. Just uninstall the current driver and don't use the device manager to install drivers, run the install from the intel download package. If it's all good now, then leave it, but if you need to the site below contains all of intel's drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis