tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Denon AVR685S ****SOLD****

I have a refurbished Denon AVR-685S silver (same model as the 1705) that I've been using in a smaller listening environment and due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to have to let it go. It's in very good condition, (7-8 out of 10) all original accessories included. Hate to part with it, but I'm going to have to.

From the listening I've used it for in a secondary home theater setup, it does much better than several others I've auditioned at this price range or better with a digital signal (Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-A), movie soundtracks are quite dynamic. It also does a very good job at handling analog signals (from Satellite STB) and FM tuner listening, good separation in Dolby Pro Logic II mode to boot.

To describe it's sonic characteristics, its fairly neutral to slightly bright (in comparison to some higher end Denons), but I believe the brightness is attributed to my listening environment. Fortunately, this was easily tamed via tone controls. One of it's best characteristics I've found is its sound stage and separation, two other receivers at double the price and more didn't deliver the separation in analog or digital that this receiver does in comparison testing. For a higher movie/music ratio and tight budget, this receiver is very hard to beat.

I'm asking $180.00 or best offer for it, original packaging and all. Will also include two 12 ft, 12 gauge speaker wire runs for free as well. For some additional info on this receiver, here's a decent write-up on Home Cinema Choice, also check CNet's take on the AVR 1705 [URL="http://reviews.cnet.com/Denon_AVR_1705/4505-6466_7-31085938-2.html" ] here[/URL].

Any questions, please let me know. -TD

Last edited:
tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Also willing to take offers. Thanks in advance... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Sold

****************sold*********************
****************sold*********************