av-man

av-man

Audioholic
I just got an e-mail. The AVR4806 is now shipping.
This baby is THX Ultra2 certified , 140watts X 7, All the latest decoding and the new Audyssey set up with microphone. Analog to HDMI conversion, 3 HDMI and 1 DVI-D inputs. configurable amps for bi-amping or multi-zone.
This should shape up to be one of the finest recievers on the market. :cool:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I sure hope it's shipping - I saw one on the floor at Tweeter today. ;)

Not receiver shopping, just was browsing, but it caught my eye.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Crutchfield also has it on their site and they appear to have it in stock, too. Usually Crutchfield has a pretty good assortment of pictures (rear panel, remote, etc.) - but, at the current moment, only pictures of the front are on-line.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Hmm...has a dvi input and hdmi switching, dangit even more options, anyone know what these are going for at street value, not msrp?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, HDMI, DVI, it has everything. But, this brings up something from another thread... WHY ARE THERE SO MANY USELESS INPUTS?! There are TWELVE pairs of composite and S-Video inputs. NO ONE is going to use those, ever. It's such a complete waste. Give me more component inputs, another multi-channel, something.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
hidog1 said:
The Denon website now has the product description and photos of front and back. Very nice (unless you just bought a 3805 like I did :mad: )

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/photo.asp?s=home&p=AVR-4806&f=AVR4806 Back.jpg&c=2
Well at $3,500 it's not in the same price range as the 3805. I suspect the next version of the 3805 will have the HDMI switching, at least I hope. Looks nice though and I'm very interested in the Audyssey room EQ. Lets hope the Audyssey trickles down to the 3805 range as well.

S

Sounds Simple

Junior Audioholic
It will be interesting to see how close it gets to rated power. It does not appear to have a lot of headroom based on the 8-ohm v. 6-ohm amp section specs.

Bob

R

RMK!

Duffinator said:
Well at $3,500 it's not in the same price range as the 3805. I suspect the next version of the 3805 will have the HDMI switching, at least I hope. Looks nice though and I'm very interested in the Audyssey room EQ. Lets hope the Audyssey trickles down to the 3805 range as well.
I was wondering about the price and was thinking this was the new ver 3805. Thanks for the clarification. Mild case of upgradeitis passed, once again happy with the 3805 ;)

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
jaxvon,
There are a lot of composit and s-video inputs that will not be used in the average familyroom set-up. But Denon is a favorite among custom installers. We will be able to do multi-monitor rooms and large multi-zone systems without purchasing an expensive matrix switcher. :cool:

This thing is also plug-&-play XM ready! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis