Denon avr2400h and bose acoutimass15

S

Snc123

Audiophyte
Hi all total newbie here after advice.
After a death in the family upon clearing the house we have come into a denon 2400h and a bose acoutimass 15 all leads but no speakers, another member of the family decided they could sell the speakers and took them from the house.

As the denon has atmos but I dont believe the bose unit does. I would like to utilise the full function of the atmos denon system. My questions are as follows

1. Can I plug my fire stick 4k max into the denon and use the pass through or would it be best to use optical out from my Panasonic 4k tv
2. As I have no speakers can I have suggestions and links for a start up atmos speaker setup

I have read the denon is 8 ohm 95 w 2 channel system but figuring which speakers and makes is a nightmare for a newbie. I've read somewhere it may be best to have the 2 atmos speakers point upwards slightly, is that correct. To have atmos on the denon it supports 5.1.2

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Samantha

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
1. Always devices connect to receiver. Optical doesn't support Dolby atmos or even DD+

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's your budget? Ideally Atmos speakers are mounted in the ceiling above you pointing down at you....there are the ones relying on bouncing off the ceiling, tho generally considered not as good an experience. Bose I wouldn't bother keeping at all. I plug my firesticks into my avrs, just a better way to go, one of the reasons you have an avr like the Denon....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Download the manual for the 2400H here. It shows the surround modes supported which include side surrounds + rear surround, side surrounds + front height, side surrounds + top middle, as well as side surrounds + up-firing ATMOS speakers. Determine what the best speaker locations will be for the room taking into account where you have space for speakers and whether you can get wiring there. With that knowledge, work out a budget for all speakers and any other components (do you need stands for the fronts or surrounds?). Do you want front tower speakers or bookshelves on stands? You should also budget for at least one good subwoofer as well for home theatre. Provide the above information with a budget and members can make some recommendations for speakers. It also helps to know what brands you can get locally and whether you're outside of the U.S.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Denon is a very capable unit that supports multiple surround modes. As others have mentioned, you have a LOT of setup options available, and budget will be a major player in what you can accomplish.

It would be helpful if you could upload a drawing of your room (doesn't have to be all that good) with some measurements. That way you can receive better direction on what is avaiable.

Likewise, your location, in case you aren't in the USA.

Also, any desires you may have for the speakers. There are a TON of models, but basically, they break down into floorstanding, bookshelf, on-wall designs, and in-wall designs. It's important to remember that really small speakers simply don't have as much oomph as larger speakers. But, in a family room where you may really want no intrusion into the space, you may want some decent in-walls. In a basement rec room, some towers may be a great choice.

Finally, depending on budget, it may make sense to just get a couple of speakers (stereo) and then add a subwoofer, and more speakers over time as budget allows. This can get you going with good sound.

As mentioned, go from your sources (Blu-ray, Streaming Device, Cable Box, Game Console) directly into your AV receiver. The receiver will peel off the audio and send it to the speakers you have connected, and will pass the 4K video right on to your display.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis