DENON AVR1612 sub not working

B

bigguns300zx

Enthusiast
Hello everyone my name is Josh I am new to the form. Nice to meet you all.

I bought a dennon AVR1612 5.1 reciever and my klipsch subwoofer is not working.

When I go through audio setup and do a sound check it works. However will not work with music. I am using a sub rca cable and have ensured it is plugged in correctly. I have selected yes that I have a sub on the reciever. The sub is turned on with the volume turned up.

Any advice???

Thanks

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hello bigguns300zx and welcome to the forum.

What source material were you using to test? If you are using a CD it will depend on which sound field you are using as to whether or not the sub will be active. Play a DVD or Blu-Ray with Dolby Digital or DTS which will have a dedicated LFE channel.

Also, in the speaker setup make sure your speakers are set to small and the crossover is not lower than 80hz.

B

bigguns300zx

Enthusiast
Thanks for the input.
I plugged my ipod into the USB for music.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Music does not have an LFE track like a movie so in order for the sub to be used your speaker settings in the receiver must be set up to use the sub. Check the speaker settings and let us now what they say.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello everyone my name is Josh I am new to the form. Nice to meet you all.

I bought a dennon AVR1612 5.1 reciever and my klipsch subwoofer is not working.

When I go through audio setup and do a sound check it works. However will not work with music. I am using a sub rca cable and have ensured it is plugged in correctly. I have selected yes that I have a sub on the reciever. The sub is turned on with the volume turned up.

Any advice???

Thanks
You need to set the sub to LFE+Main.

B

bigguns300zx

Enthusiast
Right on target. WORKING. Thank you!

You need to set the sub to LFE+Main.

I selected LFE AND MAIN and now it works tremedously well. Sounds soo deep and crisp. I am soo happy now.

I had switched to that setting before but didn't realize I had to exit out for it to take effect, so I switched it back to LFE thinking it did not work.

After 12 years of college education I often am reminded of how little I know about so many things (such as how to spell haha.)

Compared to you guys I am a preschooler that hasn't scratched the surface.

Best buy had no idea how to fix it when I brought eveything in that other day. They told me they thought the reciever had went bad. lol

The knowledge base you guys possess is very in depth, broad and precise.

But most importantly your welling to share it.

Best,

Josh

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis