Denon AVR-X4400H receiver 4k out port not working

P

Phouglas

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR-X4400H receiver powering my home theater. Today when I switched on I got no image. I moved the hdmi out from the middle white 4k monitor arc port to the black monitor out port and got a 1080p image.

Is there any reset or setting I can look at to see if something is set up wrong? Or is the port possibly dead? I’ve had the receiver about 4-5 years and this is the first problem I’ve had.

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd try a soft reset first (just unplugging the avr from power for a bit). If that didn't do it then I'd try a full factory/microprocessor reset per your manual. I assume your cables aren't an issue. I wouldn't move hdmi cables with the unit powered on (i.e. not on standby) fwiw.

P

Phouglas

Audiophyte
I'd try a soft reset first (just unplugging the avr from power for a bit). If that didn't do it then I'd try a full factory/microprocessor reset per your manual. I assume your cables aren't an issue. I wouldn't move hdmi cables with the unit powered on (i.e. not on standby) fwiw.
thanks I tried the soft reset and didn’t work. The cable is fine as I plugged it directly into a roku to the projector and 4k worked fine. For some reason the 4k out on the receiver just isn’t transmitting.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
thanks I tried the soft reset and didn’t work. The cable is fine as I plugged it directly into a roku to the projector and 4k worked fine. For some reason the 4k out on the receiver just isn’t transmitting.
Do the hard reset. If that does not work, then you will have to weigh the cost of repair over replacement.
HDMI sockets are fragile and prone to failure. So you don't want to plug and unplug HDMI cable any more then you have to. Also make sure there is no unnecessary weight on the cables.

Your problem if reset fails, is either a fault on the HDMI board or a damaged HDMI socket. Either way the remedy is the same, a new HDMI board. Unfortunately that is an expensive repair and a tough choice you will have to make.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis