Denon AVR-X4300H and Apple TV4K (Surround Modes)

M

miggs

Audioholic Intern
Thank you in advance for all of the help this site/forum has provided. You get to learn a lot as you read.

With that in mind, I have a new dilemma. I finally solved my issue with skipping movies (when using Plex) by using the Infuse5 Pro app on the new apple TV 4K, but now I have a new issue.

The Audio output on my AVR seems to be off. Which mode of surround sound should I run? I use to have things set to direct mode, but I don't see DTS, DD, or DD+ on the AVR display. All I see is multichannel. The volume also seems quite low if I force the DD by going to the Movie mode on the AVR (instead of Auto, direct, or pure direct).

I have tried using the movie mode on the AVR, but I don't see DTS or DTS master on the display when watching movies that are on DTS. I would expect that AUTO would switch things out.

Is multichannel what I suppose to see on the AVR display? Or should it be DTS when movies are on DTS?

BTW, the new apple TV is connected to the HDMI ARC input on the TV from the AVR. Apple TV4k goes to the medial input on the AVR by HDMI.

The Audio on the Apple TV4k is set to "best possible Audio". Other option is DD. Sounds like "best possible audio"is the way to go, but not sure.

Anyway, a little help would be great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis